+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Sponsership

Angelshrads

May 4, 2020
Dear Team ,

I am looking for some guidance related to family class sponsorship Program.

1) If the application was Outland spousal sponsorship application . After we received the AOR, we did applied for TRV and my spouse visited me. since spouse is Inland now, can we apply for Open Work Permit considering the processing time is 41 months in Quebec ?
2) If Yes, then how the work permit hard copy will be received. Considering spouse in on TRV, then spouse need to leave Canada after 6 Months . If the spouse is not in canada and WP is approved, how can we receive WP hard copy ?
3) If spouse gets the CSQ approval then can any company provide him LMIA work permit ?
4) we become parents few months before, can my child (Infant) sponsor Super Visa for my spouse ?

Looking for some help here. Do appreciate your responses.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Dear Team ,

I am looking for some guidance related to family class sponsorship Program.

1) If the application was Outland spousal sponsorship application . After we received the AOR, we did applied for TRV and my spouse visited me. since spouse is Inland now, can we apply for Open Work Permit considering the processing time is 41 months in Quebec ?
2) If Yes, then how the work permit hard copy will be received. Considering spouse in on TRV, then spouse need to leave Canada after 6 Months . If the spouse is not in canada and WP is approved, how can we receive WP hard copy ?
3) If spouse gets the CSQ approval then can any company provide him LMIA work permit ?
4) we become parents few months before, can my child (Infant) sponsor Super Visa for my spouse ?

Looking for some help here. Do appreciate your responses.
1) Yes. Still formally outland but yes, you can now apply for the OWP.
2) Don't know about first part. Spouse can apply for extension of stay before the six months is up.
3) No LMIA is needed, can work for any employer.
4) That's just silly and unnecessary.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
@armoured Thanks for the response. However the point 3 - csq is part of outland sponsership, no owp as of now. Can he still apply for job
I don't understand the question. Permission to work is federal. Once you get the OWP, can work. If there's some csq related conditionality - never heard of it, but not that familiar with the quebec-specific issues.

sufian2569

Jan 9, 2024
Can anyone please tell me about eligibility & background check process? It seems like these 2 steps are the most crucial part of spousal sponsorship application. And i got pre arrival email. So what are the steps that i need to pass?

These stepas are very confusing for me. Coz there are no sequences. Please help

nicck99

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Can anyone please tell me about eligibility & background check process? It seems like these 2 steps are the most crucial part of spousal sponsorship application. And i got pre arrival email. So what are the steps that i need to pass?

These stepas are very confusing for me. Coz there are no sequences. Please help
Eligibility- they check about whether you met the criteria to eligible for spouse, partner or child whatever in your case. Basically they will check your relationship with sponser.

Background- It checks your criminal record, emlpoyment history which you provided. They make sure whether you are admissible to Canada.

Same with me I got pre arrival email while background check is in progress. In my opinion, when the eligiblity has been completed they sent pre arrival email to applicant.
For you it will display soon. Hope for the best, Good luck :)

sufian2569

Jan 9, 2024
Eligibility- they check about whether you met the criteria to eligible for spouse, partner or child whatever in your case. Basically they will check your relationship with sponser.

Background- It checks your criminal record, emlpoyment history which you provided. They make sure whether you are admissible to Canada.

Same with me I got pre arrival email while background check is in progress. In my opinion, when the eligiblity has been completed they sent pre arrival email to applicant.
For you it will display soon. Hope for the best, Good luck :)
Many many thanks for sharing the post. Good luck

Reactions: nicck99