+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family reunion - no response from IRCC

Mehar@1234

Oct 30, 2020
Hello Everyone
My status is a Post Grad student in Canada and my husband is open work permit but our 2.5-year daughter in India because we got her visa in Feb 2020 and my husband came to Canada in Jan 2020 after that lockdown things happened. Now came India to bring my daughter back with me to Canada, I wrote for an authorization letter and not get any reply yet. my question is how can I convince the officer that my daughter has essential travel . she has a visitor visa. she is just 2.5 year old.

Newbee81

Jun 12, 2020
You need to prove that travel is essential and CIC has to agree with you. It will depend on why her travel is essential. Normally spouses of WP are not allowed. Having a job to return to is one of the reasons that some people are being approved.
Hi
Did you get response

Newbee81

Jun 12, 2020
Hey did any one your known received the Authorization letter? Our case is also similar. I am working in Canada since 2019 and my husband who has an Open Work permit got stuck in India due to lockdown. We are also trying to reach out to IRCC for authorization letter but there isnt any response. Can anyone share any insight.
Did you get reply

Newbee81

Jun 12, 2020
Hi, I have Spousal Open Work Permit (SOWP) and will be travelling from US. Do I need approval from IRCC.

jodha23

Oct 7, 2019
Hello all, I am in Canada on ICT closed Work Permit and I applied for IRCC approval for my wife (Visitor Visa) and Son (minor 9yrs) (Student Visa) {both have already travelled to canada last year and had stayed for about 1 month}.

I did got mail approval for covid exemption (There is an old post from me about same) for my wife (Visitor Visa) and kid (Student Visa), based on that I vacated my rental flat in India, took son's school TC and booked flight for Canada for 7th Nov with Air India from DEL, which had a connecting preflight from Pune.

My wife got her thorough checkin from pune itself till YYZ however for my son, AI told they will give boarding pass in DEL and once in DEL after 8 hrs of nightmare and trying everything to reach every phone number and canadian embassy/ircc/cbsa I could; my Son was denied boarding stating student visa are inactivated/approval not received and not reflecting in their system and hence boarding pass cant be printed. And due to that my wife has also not travelled as cant leave the kid.

I have no idea what that means as IRCC granted approval in mail and hence i had spent quiet a lot of money to prepare for their journey and new bigger rental place in toronto. Effectively lost about 4 months of earning in all of this with a new rental place pretty costly with a yearly contract.

Minor kids of Worker Visa of school age has to take student Visa as per Canada visa laws for study continuity as per IRCC website itself and I did got covid exemption approval mail for both wife and kid and now I donot understand why then kid was not allowed to board and I dont know what to do.

Has anyone come across such scenario and if yes, plz advise what was done to resolve, to whom to ask and reach, me and my family reached a breaking point seeing this inhuman treatment meeted out to my small kid at airport and a harrowing night.

Any help/suggestion appreciated to resolve this.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello all, I am in Canada on ICT closed Work Permit and I applied for IRCC approval for my wife (Visitor Visa) and Son (minor 9yrs) (Student Visa) {both have already travelled to canada last year and had stayed for about 1 month}.

I did got mail approval for covid exemption (There is an old post from me about same) for my wife (Visitor Visa) and kid (Student Visa), based on that I vacated my rental flat in India, took son's school TC and booked flight for Canada for 7th Nov with Air India from DEL, which had a connecting preflight from Pune.

My wife got her thorough checkin from pune itself till YYZ however for my son, AI told they will give boarding pass in DEL and once in DEL after 8 hrs of nightmare and trying everything to reach every phone number and canadian embassy/ircc/cbsa I could; my Son was denied boarding stating student visa are inactivated/approval not received and not reflecting in their system and hence boarding pass cant be printed. And due to that my wife has also not travelled as cant leave the kid.

I have no idea what that means as IRCC granted approval in mail and hence i had spent quiet a lot of money to prepare for their journey and new bigger rental place in toronto. Effectively lost about 4 months of earning in all of this with a new rental place pretty costly with a yearly contract.

Minor kids of Worker Visa of school age has to take student Visa as per Canada visa laws for study continuity as per IRCC website itself and I did got covid exemption approval mail for both wife and kid and now I donot understand why then kid was not allowed to board and I dont know what to do.

Has anyone come across such scenario and if yes, plz advise what was done to resolve, to whom to ask and reach, me and my family reached a breaking point seeing this inhuman treatment meeted out to my small kid at airport and a harrowing night.

You need to reach out to IRCC to see what is going on with your son's study permit. Your wife should really have applied for an SOWP if she is coming for more than a visit and your son only needs a TRV.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
[

You would be better off joining discussions in the Visitor section of the forum. You'll find more people and discussions there who are in a situation similar to yours (i.e. they are in Canada temporarily and are trying to bring family here). This part of the forum is focused on Canadians who are bringing family members to Canada. Different rules apply to that. I think you'll find the discussions in the Visitors section more useful and applicable to your situation. Good luck.

Reactions: YVR123

cherac

Nov 20, 2020
Trying to assist a member of our community... (language is an issue). He is a resident - family for COPR In feb and flights were cancelled due to covid and it expired in June. Has sent many requests and has not received a response for 3 months. He is waiting for authorization. Is there anything else he can do to try to understand what is happening?