+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family reunion - no response from IRCC

cevacu

Aug 12, 2020
what kind of VISA do you have. Is there any way of following up or any contact details in Canada?

I have W-1 visa....my wife has a open work permit.....I sent an message to https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp to asking them about the process.

They just said the same excuse as always....that they are very busy but they would respond ....who knows when....

However, KunalC, the user who wrote the first message, told me that his wife received answer. He applied in June. But as you said, the IRCC may not be answering these days. I applied in early August, and it has passed more than 20 business days and they have not replied yet.

Bhoomika2701

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
I did not get any response on my webform application, same for husband on his email request. Any estimate time it took for Kunal's wife. It would be good to know that people are getting it.

Any idea they will contd this authority letter thing for how long?

cevacu

Aug 12, 2020
I did not get any response on my webform application, same for husband on his email request. Any estimate time it took for Kunal's wife. It would be good to know that people are getting it.

Unfortunately, he did not told...I asked him, but he just said it take more than five days....if you are in Canada, you might could try to call to IRCC 1-888-242-2100 ...

Bhoomika2701

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
yeah i did. Wait time 40 mins then some IVR and then the representative was busy so they disconnected. I will try again tmrw. Will keep the group posted.

Reactions: rohtak

rohtak

Star Member
Nov 13, 2016
This is important information Guys, please share if anyone is getting Authorization letters for Re-uniting/ Onset Relocation with family

Bhoomika2701

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Guys, i spoke to IRCC and Canada Border Security agency both. They will allow work permit holders with a job in hand.

Not sure how this will be applicable to dependents on open work permit.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Guys, i spoke to IRCC and Canada Border Security agency both. They will allow work permit holders with a job in hand.

Not sure how this will be applicable to dependents on open work permit.
We are seeing some people being allowed in and some not. Basically if you are a dependent with an open work permit and you don't have a job secured in Canada, there is a risk you'll be refused boarding and told your reasons for traveling to Canada are non-essentail.

If you are on a closed work permit, then you'll have no issues traveling.

Bhoomika2701

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
We are seeing some people being allowed in and some not. Basically if you are a dependent with an open work permit and you don't have a job secured in Canada, there is a risk you'll be refused boarding and told your reasons for traveling to Canada are non-essentail.

If you are on a closed work permit, then you'll have no issues traveling.
Hmm it seems you are right. Have you heard anything on authority letter ? Are they issuing it? If yes, then around how many days.

Bhoomika2701

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020

I got a response of my complaint on IRCC portal. They shared an email with all policies but no proper reply on Authorization letter.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Even if IRCC issues a letter, it’s CBSA that will decide if you gain entry or not, regardless of having a letter.

Bhoomika2701

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Even if IRCC issues a letter, it’s CBSA that will decide if you gain entry or not, regardless of having a letter.
I spoke to CBSA today , all they are looking for in case of Work permit is : Valid work visa, Proof of establishment in Canada. This is the contact number if someone wants to contact :1800-461-9999

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hmm it seems you are right. Have you heard anything on authority letter ? Are they issuing it? If yes, then around how many days.
There's a discussion about this in the Visitors section of the forum.