+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family reunion - no response from IRCC

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I spoke to CBSA today , all they are looking for in case of Work permit is : Valid work visa, Proof of establishment in Canada. This is the contact number if someone wants to contact :1800-461-9999
The airline is also an issue. They determine who is allowed to board.

murdan94

Nov 11, 2019
The airline is also an issue. They determine who is allowed to board.
Hi do family need authorization letters too? For example my husband has a vis aand COPR will he be able to enter canada or does he need the authorization letter?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi do family need authorization letters too? For example my husband has a visa aand COPR will he be able to enter canada or does he need the authorization letter?
Are you a PR or citizen? If so, he can travel without authorization as long as he brings proof that he is married to a citizen/PR.

s87788338

Sep 6, 2020
Hello Friends,
Need help!
Currently, I am having WP status in Canada and my wife is stuck in India, waiting for her travel. As per the guidelines, I have written the application with all the required details to IRCC at IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC to get the authorization letter, but there is no response since last 10days. As per the article, they will be responding in 5 working days. May I know if there is anyone having same scenario? Has anyone managed to get the authorization letter from IRCC and what's the timeline?
As of now I have received only an automatic response explaining who are eligible to write an authorization.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html#exemptions
Does your wife have TRV, Work permit, Visitor visa etc? According to website, to be eligible, your spouse need to provide:
  • proof of immigration status of your immediate family member in Canada (copy of their study permit or work permit) --> Your WP
  • proof of temporary resident visa or eTA ---> Your wife's visa or eTA.

jodha23

Oct 7, 2019
Hello does anyone managed to get the authorization letter? My wife has visitor visa and son has student visa stuck in India. I had sent mail to IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC around 7 days back but no response. Anyone who got plz advise the process or actual reason they approved for.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello does anyone managed to get the authorization letter? My wife has visitor visa and son has student visa stuck in India. I had sent mail to IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC around 7 days back but no response. Anyone who got plz advise the process or actual reason they approved for.
Responses seem to be taking around a month and many people are being denied.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Not good for families who are forced apart for prolonged period of time due to this virus :(
Unfortunate but Canada is trying to prevent large number of people entering Canada especially from covid hot spots. There have already been many cases arriving via flights from abroad. There is also a higher unemployment rate and the focus is for those currently unemployed to return to work before bringing in other temporary workers. There have been tough choices made due to the pandemic. Families should apply to see if they can get a letter of authorization but realize it isn‘t guaranteed.

naina13

Apr 22, 2019
Hi all, who should be requesting for authorization? Is it the person who is in Canada working on intra company transfer work permit or the spouse who has to travel to Canada?

KunalC

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
Hi all, who should be requesting for authorization? Is it the person who is in Canada working on intra company transfer work permit or the spouse who has to travel to Canada?
Spouse, who has to travel. Also remember to put as much as details to justify that the travel is essential.

naina13

Apr 22, 2019
Spouse, who has to travel. Also remember to put as much as details to justify that the travel is essential.
Thank you. My spouse has TRV but doesn't have open work permit or a job offer. Will he be granted permission to join me in Canada?