+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Reunification Program - HELP

Daphne31

Mar 29, 2008
Hi! I live here in the Philippines. My Dad and all of my sisters are already permanent residents in Canada. My eldest sister recently sponsored my Mom and she is just waiting for her medical requirements. If in case my mom papers pushes through, Is it possible for my mom or any of my sisters to sponsor me and my family here?
I am currently married with 2 kids. Somebody told us to file for a Family Reunification Sponsorship since I am the only one left here and all of them are settled in Canada already.

Is Family Reunification Program existing program in Canada?

Response is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Can_Zim

Mar 3, 2008
hi there,

i hate to simply pass you on to a website but really, a great source of info for you right now is www.cic.gc.ca. it will give you all the info you need about who is able to sponsor you and how they can do it. i think the "family class" option for immigration is what you're talking about with the family reunification program. the government's goal is to reunify families through their family class stream.

i wish you the best and hoepfully you'll be here in canada soon with your family!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Can_Zim said:
hi there,

i hate to simply pass you on to a website but really, a great source of info for you right now is www.cic.gc.ca. it will give you all the info you need about who is able to sponsor you and how they can do it. i think the "family class" option for immigration is what you're talking about with the family reunification program. the government's goal is to reunify families through their family class stream.

i wish you the best and hoepfully you'll be here in canada soon with your family!
The OP should be warned that although she is the last remaining family member abroad, she is married with children, so the changes of a humanitarian and compassionate application are somewhere between slim and none.

PMM

Daphne31

Mar 29, 2008
Thanks for your replies!

I browse through the cic website and got this...

Sponsoring your family:
Eligible relatives

Who can be sponsored
You can sponsor:

1. parents
2. grandparents
3. brothers or sisters, nephews or nieces, granddaughters or grandsons who are orphaned, under 18 years of age and not married or in a common-law relationship
4. another relative of any age or relationship if none of the above relatives could be sponsored[/u], and you have no other relatives who are Canadian citizens, persons registered as Indians under the Indian Act or permanent residents and
5. accompanying relatives of the above (for example, spouse, partner and dependent children).

Do you think we can qualify under condition number 4?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Daphne31 said:
Thanks for your replies!

I browse through the cic website and got this...

Sponsoring your family:
Eligible relatives

Who can be sponsored
You can sponsor:

1. parents
2. grandparents
3. brothers or sisters, nephews or nieces, granddaughters or grandsons who are orphaned, under 18 years of age and not married or in a common-law relationship
4. another relative of any age or relationship if none of the above relatives could be sponsored[/u], and you have no other relatives who are Canadian citizens, persons registered as Indians under the Indian Act or permanent residents and
5. accompanying relatives of the above (for example, spouse, partner and dependent children).

Do you think we can qualify under condition number 4?
No, because assuming that one of your siblings submits the application, their mother is still alive. To use that clause, the sponsor cannot be married, have children, their parents and grandparents must be deceased. They cannot have a brother/sister, aunt/uncle niece/nephew in Canada

PMM

brianna

Mar 31, 2008
I think it is very hard for you to come over here in Canada esp you are married & you have 2 kids. Your sister cannot sponsor you & so your mother coz of your age & you are not dependent to your mother. You can try applying Live-In Caregiver or as a Skilled worker they will give you points for that. We have same problem here, I cannot sponsor my brother in Dubai & in Saudi Arabia as a Family Class coz they are overage & not a student. They will qualify as a Skilled Worker if they get 67 points.