+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family PR Visa Requirement

Raj-Newbie

Oct 11, 2019
I am in Canada and my wife and kids are in India. My AiPP PR is in processing. Once I receive the PR do my family need VISA stamped on their passports to join me in Canada or is there any other way can reduce this visa stamping on the passport time to join me?. Because it is taking lot of time in India VFS centers in getting the stamping done.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am in Canada and my wife and kids are in India. My AiPP PR is in processing. Once I receive the PR do my family need VISA stamped on their passports to join me in Canada or is there any other way can reduce this visa stamping on the passport time to join me?. Because it is taking lot of time in India VFS centers in getting the stamping done.
Are they listed as accompanying or non-accompanying in your PR application? They will always be required to have their passports stamped.

Dec 22, 2014
Hi All.... I am a Canadian Citizen. My wife and kids are in PR. My family moved to India 2 years back and I moved to India last year due to Covid. We are not planning to return anytime soon due to this Covid situation. My wife PR is expiring in June 2021 and she has met the eligibility criteria by staying 2 years in Canada under PR Visa. Can I extend her PR considering everyone staying in India ? I have my friends address in all my communication if I have to receive any posts ? Pls advise.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All.... I am a Canadian Citizen. My wife and kids are in PR. My family moved to India 2 years back and I moved to India last year due to Covid. We are not planning to return anytime soon due to this Covid situation. My wife PR is expiring in June 2021 and she has met the eligibility criteria by staying 2 years in Canada under PR Visa. Can I extend her PR considering everyone staying in India ? I have my friends address in all my communication if I have to receive any posts ? Pls advise.
Assuming PR visa is the equivalent meaning of COPR, they need to send a webform to IRCC for extension.