+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family of international student applying for PR - help needed?

milady*

Jul 15, 2009
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to ask a general question.

Suppose if a person enters Canada as an international student and while he/she is in the process of completing his/her studies there, is it possible for his/her family back home to apply for permanent residence under the skilled worker category (with one of the parents being the main applicant)?

Is it advisable or will it create any problem later?

Any help will be much appreciated,
thanks in advance,

milady*

Jul 15, 2009
Hey I was wondering what if we hopefully get to the medical stage, will there be any medical and security check needed for that international student too along with his/her family back home applying for canadian PR? Even after the student has already been cleared of these things when he/she was going to enter Canada for the first time?

What if that student is unable to come at the time when such orders are issued because of other engaging activities there in Canada?

any ideas??

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There would be no requirement to go back. Medicals can be done in Canada and background checks, police clearances etc. can normally be done without being there.

milady*

Jul 15, 2009
^ Thanks but don't you think that the police certificate, in particular, need to be made in the country where the person has spent his first 18 years? because if that's the case, then I don't think that international student can get his police certificate in Canada, or can he?

Also if someone can help on the age issue.. what would be the possible points for someone born in August, 1959 applying for FSW by the end of 2009? I think that it should be 8 points.. but someone else told me that it would be 6 points actually. Can someone please confirm on that?

Senior members input will be highly appreciated though!

milady*

Jul 15, 2009
Can someone please help me out on my recently asked questions in this thread, especially the age issue?

anyone please??

alice_chained

Star Member
Jan 20, 2009
You don't need a pcc for canada.

The date when you apply is fixed, so the age that you are when you get your AOR is what they will use to calculate your points.

milady*

Jul 15, 2009
^ Thanks a lot for replying.

About the Pcc, are you sure about this (as it has been mentioned as a requirement in the document checklist for the london visa office)? Will only that international student be exempted from this or actually the whole family?

And I didn't get the last sentence.. do you mean to say that we will be given points based on our age when the visa office receives our application and NOT the office at Nova Scotia? If, let's say, the age is 50 when one gets the AOR, will that be 8 or 6 points?

aanbaan

Champion Member
Apr 1, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Apr-2009
Doc's Request.
14-May-2009
AOR Received.
09-Jul-2009
Med's Request
30-Aug-2009
Med's Done....
05-Sep-2009
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
30-Aug-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-Feb-2010
LANDED..........
08-Aug-2010
milady* said:
^ Thanks but don't you think that the police certificate, in particular, need to be made in the country where the person has spent his first 18 years? not first 18 years... post 18 years of agebecause if that's the case, then I don't think that international student can get his police certificate in Canada, or can he? PCC is not required if the stay was in Canada

Also if someone can help on the age issue.. what would be the possible points for someone born in August, 1959 applying for FSW by the end of 2009? I think that it should be 8 points.. but someone else told me that it would be 6 points actually. Can someone please confirm on that? 8 points... for 20 or 50 years of age in Aug 2009, he applicant will be 50. so, count 8 points till Aug 2010.

Senior members input will be highly appreciated though!