+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family name given name interchanged issue

sg0007

Jun 6, 2022
Hi,
I applied for my Mother's visa and put surname for first name and given name for surname. I have received the biometrics request but the document has got the name in wrong order as well? I have sent the query visa webform. Shall i wait for name to be corrected before going for biometrics? Haa anyone in this situation?
Shall i do the biometrics or wait for the name to be corrected.

CeceKash

Jun 15, 2022
I am in the same boat. I sent them a webform but still no response. I correctly filled my given and family name in all my documents but my biometrics letter has them interchanged.
I am scheduled for my biometrics on Monday.

sg0007

Jun 6, 2022
If its just biometrics. I guess its easy. they will put the correct name on day you go for your appointment.

ChristianJ

Jul 5, 2022
Hi,
I applied for my Mother's visa and put surname for first name and given name for surname. I have received the biometrics request but the document has got the name in wrong order as well? I have sent the query visa webform. Shall i wait for name to be corrected before going for biometrics? Haa anyone in this situation?
Shall i do the biometrics or wait for the name to be corrected.
Did you get this sorted before biometrics or did you go to Biometrics with the wrong order? Asking as I have a similar error that is my fault.

CeceKash

Jun 15, 2022
Did the Biometrics appt work out for you without correcting it first?
No.....my visa center helped me out. I was given an email address to write to and attach my passport and the first biometric letter and asked them to correct it. In an hour or so, I got an email requesting me to check my ircc portal which I did and they sent me another letter with the correct format of my names. I booked another appointment and a day letter I got my biometrics done and that very day my account was updated with completed biometrics.

ChristianJ

Jul 5, 2022
No.....my visa center helped me out. I was given an email address to write to and attach my passport and the first biometric letter and asked them to correct it. In an hour or so, I got an email requesting me to check my ircc portal which I did and they sent me another letter with the correct format of my names. I booked another appointment and a day letter I got my biometrics done and that very day my account was updated with completed biometrics.
Do you mind sharing the email for that contact point?

CeceKash

Jun 15, 2022
Do you mind sharing the email for that contact point?
No I don't but you have to know that I am African and my visa center is in Tanzania where I applied to and the email addressthat was given to me is for that particularvisa center and not Ircc. You need to ask your visa center for help.

Yeshi1995

May 19, 2023
May 16, 2023
Hi,
I applied for Dependent visa and in biometric instruction they have put surname for first name and given name for surname. I have received the biometrics request but the document has got the name in wrong order as well? I have done biometrics on 11th may 2023. They told told me not worry and they said they will mention right name in biometric but after biometric in receipt they have again mentioned the same mistaken order name Is anyone in this situation?
What should I do? I have raised the web form. I have sent the query visa webform.

Aleihs

Mar 24, 2024
May 16, 2023
Hi,
I applied for Dependent visa and in biometric instruction they have put surname for first name and given name for surname. I have received the biometrics request but the document has got the name in wrong order as well? I have done biometrics on 11th may 2023. They told told me not worry and they said they will mention right name in biometric but after biometric in receipt they have again mentioned the same mistaken order name Is anyone in this situation?
What should I do? I have raised the web form. I have sent the query visa webform.
May 16, 2023
Hi,

hininjust want to ask your status about this?