+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

family members for CEC

san_bha

Aug 29, 2010
Hi All,
I am planning to apply for PR through CEC catagory. If dont need to apply my family mamebrs (wife + children) right now. is it possible? becuase my all the documents are ready, and i need to get it soon since my work permit is gonna expire, to arrange falmily members documents take time.

i am thinking once i get my residency i will apply for them. do you think there may be a problem since i did not apply for them with my application?

Thanks everyone for responces in advance

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

san_bha said:
Hi All,
I am planning to apply for PR through CEC catagory. If dont need to apply my family mamebrs (wife + children) right now. is it possible? becuase my all the documents are ready, and i need to get it soon since my work permit is gonna expire, to arrange falmily members documents take time.

i am thinking once i get my residency i will apply for them. do you think there may be a problem since i did not apply for them with my application?

Thanks everyone for responces in advance
1. Go back, read the instructions.
2. Whether you included your family or they are not accompanying, they still have to be examined, i.e. medical. So you would still need to gather their documents. If you "forget" to include them, then they can't ever be sponsored as a member of the family class.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
There is no "soon" for PR. It will take time. If your work permit will expire soon, it will expire before you get PR, so there is no benefit to rushing your application.

On the other hand, if you don't include your family members with this application, you will have a lot of problems. Don't even think about it. Take the time to get their documents and do it right, the first time.