+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Member Status (EE)

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
Hello all,

I have a question regarding the documents I need so upload. I am claiming points for my sibling being a canadian citizen, I have 2 sisters both are Canadian citizen but I will just upload files for one of them since it really dont matter, but the question I have is following. I am asked to upload following docs:

Proof of PR/Citizenship of sibling : No problem I have that.

Proof of residency in Canada of sibling : I will upload her paystubs ( last 3 I believe that will do)

Proof of sibling relationship : I will upload both of our birth certificates showing your parents name

Family Member Proof of Status : This is what I am confused about. Are they talking about my status? I am on work permit in Canada and I believe I need to upload that here. Please correct me on that if I am wrong. Does this have anything to do with my sibling? Mixed bag online everywhere. Though family member in CIC does not include sibling. Or should I just re-upload them here too?

BTW above docs comes under "other documents" so its not that risky:

Other documents

As applicable to their situation, applicants are required to submit the following documents through their online account as part of their e-APR. The system does not let applicants submit their e-APR until documents have been uploaded into the provided fields.

In contrast to other documents, however, applications will not be rejected as “incomplete” if the documents listed below are not provided to the proper specification.

Applications can, however, be refused if the processing office does not have enough information on file to be satisfied that the applicant meets the requirements of the program to which they are applying.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello all,

I have a question regarding the documents I need so upload. I am claiming points for my sibling being a canadian citizen, I have 2 sisters both are Canadian citizen but I will just upload files for one of them since it really dont matter, but the question I have is following. I am asked to upload following docs:

Proof of PR/Citizenship of sibling : No problem I have that.

Proof of residency in Canada of sibling : I will upload her paystubs ( last 3 I believe that will do)

Proof of sibling relationship : I will upload both of our birth certificates showing your parents name

Family Member Proof of Status : This is what I am confused about. Are they talking about my status? I am on work permit in Canada and I believe I need to upload that here. Please correct me on that if I am wrong. Does this have anything to do with my sibling? Mixed bag online everywhere. Though family member in CIC does not include sibling. Or should I just re-upload them here too?

BTW above docs comes under "other documents" so its not that risky:

Other documents

As applicable to their situation, applicants are required to submit the following documents through their online account as part of their e-APR. The system does not let applicants submit their e-APR until documents have been uploaded into the provided fields.

In contrast to other documents, however, applications will not be rejected as “incomplete” if the documents listed below are not provided to the proper specification.

Applications can, however, be refused if the processing office does not have enough information on file to be satisfied that the applicant meets the requirements of the program to which they are applying.
They are talking about your sisters' status, not yours.