+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Member Refuses to Leave Canada

Managerchap

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone,
I am a Permanent Resident of Canada and I invited my family over for my wedding in Canada on a Visiting visa Now my brother has refused to leave canada saying he wants to stay back and work
1) Would this affect me when trying to get my Canadian Passpprt
2) What are his chances of becoming legal in Canada
3) If this would affect me in future how do I get him to leave

Kindly Advice

ruldamaan

Dec 14, 2017
Hello Everyone,
I am a Permanent Resident of Canada and I invited my family over for my wedding in Canada on a Visiting visa Now my brother has refused to leave canada saying he wants to stay back and work
1) Would this affect me when trying to get my Canadian Passpprt
2) What are his chances of becoming legal in Canada
3) If this would affect me in future how do I get him to leave

Kindly Advice
If he wants to stay back in Canada then he should never overstay in Canada. This short term offence may lead to his deportation any time. And moreover, he won't be able to get a good work in Canada as he won't have SIN. One solution to this problem is that he can find an employer who can sponsor his application to LMIA. One its done he can legally convert his visitor visa into work visa. For you this won't affect you are a legal resident. If nothing works then you need to convince him to leave Canada.

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
1) Would this affect me when trying to get my Canadian Passpprt No. His actions are not your responsibility.
2) What are his chances of becoming legal in Canada Depends on many things. Does he qualify for Express Entry? Is he education or skilled in an in-demand field where he could get a job offer and work visa?
3) If this would affect me in future how do I get him to leave It won't impact you. As for how to get him to leave, if he doesn't want to, you can't make him. Unless you felt compelled to turn him in to authorities who may or may not take action.