30-01-17
Med's Done....
27-02-17
Passport Req..
18-04-17
LANDED..........
28-04-17
Hello everyone,

One of the documents that I am required to submit is called "Family Member Proof of Status", in the information icon next to it the details are "You must provide a copy of your family member’s Canadian Citizenship or Canadian immigration status document (e.g. Canadian passport, Permanent Resident Card, Study Permit, or Work Permit). Please provide a copy of both sides of the document.".

Now, on cic website under Proof of relationship to a relative in Canada, these are the requirements apart from providing a copy of an immigration status document it also includes "Evidence that the family member currently resides in Canada must be provided (a residential lease, mortgage documents, utility bills, etc.)."

My questions are:
1) I am under CEC, so I am not sure why I am being asked since I am not claiming any points relating to having a family member in Canada?
2) Do I have to provide both documents or just a copy of my family's member immigration status document

Ps. My family member is my sister

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Ayam93

Star Member
May 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
slw said:
Hello everyone,

One of the documents that I am required to submit is called "Family Member Proof of Status", in the information icon next to it the details are "You must provide a copy of your family member’s Canadian Citizenship or Canadian immigration status document (e.g. Canadian passport, Permanent Resident Card, Study Permit, or Work Permit). Please provide a copy of both sides of the document.".

Now, on cic website under Proof of relationship to a relative in Canada, these are the requirements apart from providing a copy of an immigration status document it also includes "Evidence that the family member currently resides in Canada must be provided (a residential lease, mortgage documents, utility bills, etc.)."

My questions are:
1) I am under CEC, so I am not sure why I am being asked since I am not claiming any points relating to having a family member in Canada?
2) Do I have to provide both documents or just a copy of my family's member immigration status document

Ps. My family member is my sister

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!
Even though you ar enot claiming any points for this, you have to provide the details. I had my brother in Canada and i had provided his PR card, Health card and driving license as Proof of Status.

jescaba86

Star Member
Dec 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ayam93 said:
Even though you ar enot claiming any points for this, you have to provide the details. I had my brother in Canada and i had provided his PR card, Health card and driving license as Proof of Status.
I'm on a similar situation. I am applying under CEC. My wife is included in the application as well. We have two kids born in Canada whom are non-companying us, cause like I said, they are Canadians. I am not asked to submit family member proof of statues on my required documents nor my wife's. BUT, I do have to submit it under my children, which I find odd. What do I submit there? Here's what they ask for under my children's section:

Daughter:
Passport/Travel Documents
Family Member Proof of Status

Son:

jahmedir

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
I have a similar situation. My aunt lives in Canada, therefore, I put in my EE profile that I have a relative in Canada.
Now they are asking me the proof of relations (Passport/lease ect etc. )

I have asked my aunt to provide me this but I have not got anything yet from my aunt...

I am under CEC too and not claiming any points for them... What should I do now~

theresazxl

Mar 16, 2016
jahmedir said:
I have a similar situation. My aunt lives in Canada, therefore, I put in my EE profile that I have a relative in Canada.
Now they are asking me the proof of relations (Passport/lease ect etc. )

I have asked my aunt to provide me this but I have not got anything yet from my aunt...

I am under CEC too and not claiming any points for them... What should I do now~
hello , I ve got a same question

Did you figure out this question?

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm on a similar situation. I am applying under CEC. My wife is included in the application as well. We have two kids born in Canada whom are non-companying us, cause like I said, they are Canadians. I am not asked to submit family member proof of statues on my required documents nor my wife's. BUT, I do have to submit it under my children, which I find odd. What do I submit there? Here's what they ask for under my children's section:

Daughter:

Son:
Provide the birth certificate.

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Or maybe they are talking about my family member who are in canada. I have an aunt here. Maybe here legal status document. Not my family in the philippines
I was referring to the query of the other person who has Canadian children.

You are required to report your family in your application, so if you have a parent, sibling or child that has lived or does live in Canada, then you need to provide proof of their status in Canada regardless whether or not they are accompanying you as part of your PR application.

microbio1

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
I was referring to the query of the other person who has Canadian children.

You are required to report your family in your application, so if you have a parent, sibling or child that has lived or does live in Canada, then you need to provide proof of their status in Canada regardless whether or not they are accompanying you as part of your PR application.
Oh sorry I thought you are referring to me

Prabh88

Feb 16, 2019
Hi can please someone help me on this topic. Me and my wife both are on open work permit in canada. I recently received invitation to apply. My brother is PR in canada. I have claimed points for sibling in canada.
What should I upload in "family member proof of status" ? Should I upload my brother's PR card or should I upload my wife's work permit along with my brother's PR card.

Stefanija89.

Star Member
Apr 4, 2020
Hi, I know its been a while, but did you figure this out? I am applying under CEC, originally I stated no for close family in Canada but I had to mention that I have aunt here. Not claiming any points. Now they ask for proof of relationship? What did you do at the end? Thank you.
Hi !
Did you figure this out ? I also have an uncle, but i don't know what to show. I am not claiming any points !
@jahmedir
Hi, I know its been a while, but did you figure this out? I am applying under CEC, originally I stated no for close family in Canada but I had to mention that I have aunt here. Not claiming any points. Now they ask for proof of relationship? What did you do at the end? Thank you.

microbio1

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017

For this just present birth certificate of your uncle and your mother/father. That way they can check that both have the same family name and parents.

ashishInd

Sep 23, 2018

Hi !
I attached the following. It worked for me:

- made a family tree & attachethat.
- an affidavit from my uncle saying that my father’s his brother.
- passports for both of them showing their last names, as Canadian passport don’t have parents name.
This was for EE & no points were being claimed.