+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Informaton Form

Milind31

Feb 14, 2017
Hi ,

I am from India, My wife is filling the family information form for applying tourist visa.She has filled in below
1) Her Name 2) Spouse / My Details 3) her Mother 4) Her father (Deceased )
In sister section she has mentioned that she has 2 sisters.

We live with my mother ,father and her mother. Does she need to take one more printout and mention below in family members
1) Father in Law
2) Mother in law
Also I have one borther who is married and stays in different house. Should his name be mentioned as Brother in law ?

OR Should I include my application family information page

We want to show that we have strong family ties and want to show that me ,my wife ,my parnets and my mother in law stays in same house

Thanks,
milind

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

You wife must provide information about the family members listed in the Family Information form i.e. spouse (yourself), her parents, children (none), and her siblings.

In the cover letter, she can mention that she lives with your parents + her mom i.e. make a tabular format for Name, Nationality, Age, Relationship and Address/contact information.

You can also include evidence that all of you live at the same address. For example, copies of passports (your parents + her mom)

Cheers

Reactions: GlobetrotterNG

Milind31

Feb 14, 2017
Thanks Bryanna

Should I have one cover letter for her which can be 2-3 pages that shows Purpose of Visit , Family Ties , Travel History , Financials Documents and explanation of transactions

Or

Have one page cover letter that provides overall short description and then attach separate document with each form , for example
1)Family Information form IMM5645E and Explanation on my family and her family details in Tabular format
2) Travel itinerary with Travel History Form ,IMM5562E along with details on my and her travel with entry ,exit stamp photo copy
3) Finanical documents and explanation
4) My Sponsorship letter , my visa copy , my financials and travel history

My parents and her mother do not have passport (They are 70+ years)

Also do I need to notarized my sponsorship letter ?

Thanks,
Milind

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1. Cover letter:
Mention that she is applying under CAN+.

Also, have separate sections for Purpose of visit + Funds available for her visit + Immediate family ties (particularly those which are not covered in the Family Information form) + Travel History (scan the US visa and entry/exit dates + travel history for other countries)

2. Form IMM5562E is not part of a TRV application.

3. Separate explanation for Financial transactions/investments

4. You cannot provide a 'Sponsorship" letter as you are not a Canadian host. You can include a 'Letter of Support'/letter stating that you are traveling together + the documents which I had listed in the other thread

Any other evidence to prove they live with you and your wife: Utility bills, bank statements, government registrations, etc

Also do I need to notarized my sponsorship letter ?
Not required

Milind31

Feb 14, 2017
Thanks Bryanna

I will go for one cover letter with different sections as you have suggested

Any other evidence to prove they live with you and your wife: Utility bills, bank statements, government registrations, etc
Milind - I can submit my Parents Adhar Card/Pan Card that shows address that they live with us and even electricity /gas bills

For my mother in law - Her PAN card has different address of Nagpur as she was staying there til 2 years ago. After my wife's father demise she has come to stay with us. I can attach the death certificate of her father and mention that her mother is staying with her But all her identity cards like PAN card , Adhar card has old address

Can you advise what can be shown as documentation to prove she lives with us

OR

She just mention in Family tie section that she lives with my parents , her mother and we do not provide any supporting , as providing supporting for my parents and not for her mother can again raise doubts.Hoping that her family information form , travel history and our financial will suffice

Thanks,
Milind

Thanks,
Mlind

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Can you advise what can be shown as documentation to prove she lives with us
No other evidence that I can think of

She just mention in Family tie section that she lives with my parents , her mother and we do not provide any supporting , as providing supporting for my parents and not for her mother can again raise doubts.Hoping that her family information form , travel history and our financial will suffice
Your wife does not have a 100% chance of getting a TRV (her financial situation is not her own, no properties, no employment, no kids to return to, she cannot prove that her mom lives with her, etc).

It's entirely your choice whether or not to go with the suggestions given to you

Milind31

Feb 14, 2017
Thanks Bryanna

I am planning to do hotel booking from company and will attach in her application. Is it fine that booking shows only against name ? or it should show her name in Guests i.e Guests as 1 or total adults - 2

Thanks,
Milind

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hotel bookings must be in your name + include the letter from your employer which states they will pay for your visit.

Bookings must not be in your wife's name as it will be incorrectly interpreted as compensation paid by your employer

Milind31

Feb 14, 2017
Thanks. Only think is hotel booking though will be in my name , should it mention number of people as 2 or 1 (1 is name of person for whom it is booked + 1 guest)
Company booking will show hotel booked on my name with Guest as 0 and thus will show total people as 1

Other option

I can reserve room from expedia.com with my name and add one guest (Total people = 2).Will also mention guest name as my wife's name or should simply show 1 guest accompanying me

My confusion is while doing hotel booking (either from my company or by me) should it show
1) Only booking on my name , 0 Guests (in letter i can mention that she will stay with me)
2) Total people =2 ( 1 Name on which hotel is booked) + 1 guest
3) Total people =2 ( 1 Name on which hotel is booked) + 1 guest and show her name

Thanks
Milind

Thanks,
Milind

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Only think is hotel booking though will be in my name
Hotel bookings made by your employer in your name. Not by you on Expedia.com

As for Guest as 0 or 1.... you can state in her application that you will amend the hotel bookings after she gets her TRV.

My advice: Please stop dithering. Make decisions and run with it