+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Class

galluch

Mar 31, 2009
A couple questions for you guys...
Im Canadian living in the UK with my wife, we have started our applcation process yay fun times...

1)How can you provide proof of re- establishing yourself in Canada? You cant apply for jobs/ rent or buy somewhere until you know if the visa is accepted!

2) Can initial stay be with my family or friends?

3) If filling the forms out over internet you cant type in "present" in certain sections eg. employment from and to, should we just write it in after?

Thanks guys for any insight you can provide
have a good day

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
1.) Best ways? Have a house in Canada. Rent an apartment. Enrol in a college. Find a job and get a letter from the employer stating it.
I know these things are not easy to accomplish or financially sound, but you'll have to find a way to prove to CIC that you intend to move to Canada. If you can't do it, what if you went ahead and moved to Canada without your wife? Would make things easier.

2.) Yes, that's fine. Also get a letter from them that they intend to have you live there. Shows you're planning to live in Canada. I'm not sure if it's enough though.

3.) I filled out all the forms by hand, so yeah, writing things in is fine :)

galluch

Mar 31, 2009
How can the CIC expect you to have a job lined up or a rental agreement signed for process that can take upwards of 12 months.
Would you "save" a job for some1 that doesn't know when they gonna be in the country?
A bit silly no?
Galluch

Emmy

Star Member
Jun 27, 2008
My wife and I were in a similar situation when we did our application. We'd both been living in London for 4 years, so we did two things:

1. She sent her resume in to various employers letting them know she was intending to return to Canada in the near future and to ask about potential jobs in the future. We then included the various emails she sent and got in response to show she was actively looking for work in Canada. (On a side note, one of those leads has turned into an offer of employment and she's now back in Canada, 7 months after we sent in our application, while I'm still here waiting for my PR to be approved.)
2. Her parents wrote a letter for our application, mainly to give their thoughts on how our relationship was genuine, but they also stated that we would both be staying with them in Canada until we got settled, found jobs, found our own accomodation, etc.

This was all we included, so hopefully that was enough. I guess if they have doubts about it, the fact she's now moved back to Canada to take up that job offer proves that she was planning to resettle in Canada.

So if you've got relatives in Canada who would be willing to let you stay with them once you return, get them to write a letter to that effect. And if you can email any prospective employers, as we did, it will all help.

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
Just because it's hard to accomplish it doesn't mean it's not possible. Some people buy a house in Canada. Some work for Canadian based countries and can get relocated to a job inside Canada. Some occupations are in high demand and finding a job in Canada, especially in some of the less populated areas isn't that difficult.
And then there's what Emmy's wife did. Btw, Emmy, good luck. Hope it all goes through for you :)

Point being, if you can't do it, then you'll just have to move ahead to Canada.