+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family class spouse sponsor

Kaypop

Jun 29, 2020
Hi everyone. I have a question, I was sponsored by my ex-wife to come to Canada with my daughter during the processing we are not together anymore she has a partner that time and i have my common law also . My ex wife still Push through the processing then we arrived to Canada i have a family left in the Philippines i have 3 kids with my common law . I didn’t declare them when i enter canada because during that time i was still married with my wife. 2011 my wife devorced me here in Canada. Now there is this pilot project for those undeclared family members that they are allowed to be sponsored so i sponsored them . the application is on process and my common law and i even got married in HK thats what my consultant suggested me so we did. I applied for family sponsor last January it says pending is there a chance that my application will be denied? I even declared there that we live together 2012 only not the year 2006. And are they foing to ask for our record of marriage coz technically i am still married to my ex wife in the Philippines. But i married my common law in HK can somebody know if i have a chance to get approved?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone. I have a question, I was sponsored by my ex-wife to come to Canada with my daughter during the processing we are not together anymore she has a partner that time and i have my common law also . My ex wife still Push through the processing then we arrived to Canada i have a family left in the Philippines i have 3 kids with my common law . I didn’t declare them when i enter canada because during that time i was still married with my wife. 2011 my wife devorced me here in Canada. Now there is this pilot project for those undeclared family members that they are allowed to be sponsored so i sponsored them . the application is on process and my common law and i even got married in HK thats what my consultant suggested me so we did. I applied for family sponsor last January it says pending is there a chance that my application will be denied? I even declared there that we live together 2012 only not the year 2006. And are they foing to ask for our record of marriage coz technically i am still married to my ex wife in the Philippines. But i married my common law in HK can somebody know if i have a chance to get approved?
Your situation is a lot messier than the normal non-declare.

Based on the information you have provided, you obtained your PR status through misrepresentation (i.e. by lying about your relationship status). You were no longer in a relationship with your wife at the time you obtained your PR status but were with your common law partner. This means you were not entitled to receive PR status through your wife.

I personally would not make any attempt to sponsor your common law spouse. If you try, you are putting yourself at risk for having your own PR status revoked since you obtained it fraudulently.

Reactions: jddd

Kaypop

Jun 29, 2020
Your situation is a lot messier than the normal non-declare.

Based on the information you have provided, you obtained your PR status through misrepresentation (i.e. by lying about your relationship status). You were no longer in a relationship with your wife at the time you obtained your PR status but were with your common law partner. This means you were not entitled to receive PR status through your wife.

I personally would not make any attempt to sponsor your common law spouse. If you try, you are putting yourself at risk for having your own PR status revoked since you obtained it fraudulently.
I hired a consultant and I was told to marry my common law thats one option I could sponsor my undeclared family. so thats we did last January we got married in HK . And i applied them already it says on process pending in my application with them. Is there a possibility I will get Denied. Coz we don’t know what to do anymore. I declared them year 2012 but originally we are together my common law during the processing of my paper. Is there a possibility they will know coz it says their application is on process and its pending.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I hired a consultant and I was told to marry my common law thats one option I could sponsor my undeclared family. so thats we did last January we got married in HK . And i applied them already it says on process pending in my application with them. Is there a possibility I will get Denied. Coz we don’t know what to do anymore. I declared them year 2012 but originally we are together my common law during the processing of my paper. Is there a possibility they will know coz it says their application is on process and its pending.
Yes - there's certainly a possibility you will be denied. Again, you obtained your PR status fraudulently. This could be very problematics if IRCC figures this out. Marrying someone does not fix the problem that you didn't previously declare them - or that you obtained PR fraudulently.

You might get lucky. Or IRCC might figure it out. Hard to say.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Hello everyone I have a question abot sponsoring common law? My story is my ex- wife sponsored me here and my daughter in Canada but during that time before coming to canada my wife found somebody in Canada and i found somebody also but she still sponsored me to Canada. I came to Canada 2009 but i have my common law 2006 and we have 3 kids year 2007, 2010,2012. Now i applied for them for common law and children sponsor.there is pilot project for those Family that was not declared that j can sponsor them now. My consultant also suggested that my common law and I get marry in HK and we did now my application is on process whats the probability that our application will be approved. Please some body can tell me
I think the likelihood of IRCC figuring out your misrepresentation will depend on how old your 3 children with your common law spouse are. IMO, based on when they were born, you should be researching for a lawyer who may be able to help you if your misrepresentation is discovered because you may be fighting for your own status in Canada.

paula1211

Jun 21, 2017
To properly address your concern may I know the timeframe, when did u arrive in canada, wen was ur divorce with ur former wife got approved? , wen did u marry ur new wife and what year did u declare ur common law status.. u know timing is very essential on ur case.. if everyhing was syncronized and timed accordingly then there is a probability that ull get approved.. besides the immigration doesnt know that ur n longer in good terms with ur wife wen u arrived in canada unless you tell them . They use the info you provide them as reference.. so just be extra careful on this one.. of ur consultamt is good he sjould know what to do. Goodluck :)

Kaypop

Jun 29, 2020
Well i got to Canada 2009, but my common law and I been together since 2006 and we had a son year 2007 prior to coming here In Canada and when immigration asked me if i have another children i denied it for he was not on my application. Then my ex wife divorced me year 2011. And i have another 2 kids year 2010 and 2012 withmy common law so we have 3 kids. My consultant said to marry her so we did last January 2020. I am still worried coz my first born was born 2007 that was the year when my application was on process by my first wife.

Kaypop

Jun 29, 2020
worried lang ako its because they might still connect it with my ex wife coz i got My PR through her . Though it says on my family’s application on process and pending im still worries they will look into it

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Well i got to Canada 2009, but my common law and I been together since 2006 and we had a son year 2007 prior to coming here In Canada and when immigration asked me if i have another children i denied it for he was not on my application. Then my ex wife divorced me year 2011. And i have another 2 kids year 2010 and 2012 withmy common law so we have 3 kids. My consultant said to marry her so we did last January 2020. I am still worried coz my first born was born 2007 that was the year when my application was on process by my first wife.
I don't think your application has any chance of being approved based on this additional information.

Best case scenario, I think the application to sponsor your common law partner will be refused.

Worse case scenario, the application to sponsor your common law parnter will be refused and IRCC will move to revoke your PR status since you obtained it fraudulently.

Very very little chance this is going to work out well for you.

Kaypop

Jun 29, 2020
To properly address your concern may I know the timeframe, when did u arrive in canada, wen was ur divorce with ur former wife got approved? , wen did u marry ur new wife and what year did u declare ur common law status.. u know timing is very essential on ur case.. if everyhing was syncronized and timed accordingly then there is a probability that ull get approved.. besides the immigration doesnt know that ur n longer in good terms with ur wife wen u arrived in canada unless you tell them . They use the info you provide them as reference.. so just be extra careful on this one.. of ur consultamt is good he sjould know what to do. Goodluck :)

Kaypop

Jun 29, 2020
worried lang ako its because they might still connect it with my ex wife coz i got My PR through her . Though it says on my family’s application on process and pending im still worries they will look into it

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Again, you obtained your PR status through fraud. Your case is extremely problematic and has a low chance of turning out positively.

Kaypop

Jun 29, 2020
Again, you obtained your PR status through fraud. Your case is extremely problematic and has a low chance of turning out positively.
But their application is on process already and it says pending and their medical was done. So there’s a big chance that it well get denied even though they had a medical already? My ex wife divorced me 2011 and i did a late declaration for my family

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
But their application is on process already and it says pending and their medical was done. So there’s a big chance that it well get denied even though they had a medical already? My ex wife divorced me 2011 and i did a late declaration for my family
Maybe you'll get extremely lucky. Who knows.

bian07

May 19, 2017
An application being in process does not automatically mean it will be approved. Otherwise everybody would just get easily permanent residency, but they check for fraud and how genuine everything is, and if they are not satisfied they will deny it.