+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Class Spouse PR Application Mail/Courier from India - PA and Sponsor both in India

andrew3081

Apr 6, 2018
I know, but WHY not for PRs ! ??

Why to force someone to stay away from their family in such times even if he is meeting all other criterias to Sponsor very well !
And is ready to return to Canada once things get safer to travel in this COVID situation ?

@scylla @Krish121089
Are you 100% sure this will turn in refusal if application is sent to CPC from India while Sponsor is in India ?
At least your with your spouse/family.
There are MANY Canadians citizens separated from their spouse and family members and have to wait longer to be reunited because of COVID19.

Also on the sponsor part of the application forms, it ask you if you are living outside Canada or not. It also said if that if you live outside Canada, you are not eligible to sponsor unless you are Canadian citizen. Did you miss this part of the application package?

Last edited:

niravit57

Jul 3, 2020
At least your with your spouse/family.
There are MANY Canadians citizens separated from their spouse and family members and have to wait longer to be reunited because of COVID19.

Also on the application form, it specify ask you if you are living outside Canada or not. It also said if that if you live outside Canada, you are not eligible to sponsor unless you are Canadian citizen. Did you miss this part of the application package?
I noticed that question.
It asks specifically "Do you reside in Canada ?"

Reside is different word and Live is different word.

So I thought they are asking in general where do I reside (means where I am settled currently with my house and job - which is Canada).

But in other form they also ask "Do you presently live in Canada ?
There I've mentioned "No". Next question in same form is When do you plan to return to Canada ? I've mentioned estimated date there to return.

If they really enforce a PR sponsor to live in Canada then why they would include such questions in form ?

I think they are using words "reside" and "live" as separate meaning in diff. questions.
Where reside means mine current residence location, and live means where I am physically present (living) at the moment.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I noticed that question.

So I thought they are asking in general where do I reside (means where I am settled currently with my house and job - which is Canada).

There I've mentioned "No". Next question in same form is When do you plan to return to Canada ? I've mentioned estimated date there to return.

If they really enforce a PR sponsor to live in Canada then why they would include such questions in form ?

I think they are using words "reside" and "live" as separate meaning in diff. questions.
Where reside means mine current residence location, and live means where I am physically present (living) at the moment.
We've already advised you how IRCC assesses the reside requirement.

If you want to ignore this advice, that's really your call.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I noticed that question.

I'll have one more go and then I give up.

From the official IRCC website:

Who is eligible to sponsor their spouse, partner or child
You can sponsor your spouse, partner or dependent child if:

• You’re at least 18 years old
  • You’re a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada, or a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act
    • If you’re a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, you must show that you plan to live in Canada when the persons you want to sponsor become permanent residents.
    • You can’t sponsor someone if you’re a permanent resident living outside Canada.
  • You’re able to prove that you’re not receiving social assistance for reasons other than a disability
  • you can provide for the basic needs of any persons you want to sponsor

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children/eligibility.html

niravit57

Jul 3, 2020
I'll have one more go and then I give up.

From the official IRCC website:

Who is eligible to sponsor their spouse, partner or child
You can sponsor your spouse, partner or dependent child if:

• You’re at least 18 years old
  • You’re a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada, or a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act
    • If you’re a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, you must show that you plan to live in Canada when the persons you want to sponsor become permanent residents.
    • You can’t sponsor someone if you’re a permanent resident living outside Canada.
  • You’re able to prove that you’re not receiving social assistance for reasons other than a disability
  • you can provide for the basic needs of any persons you want to sponsor

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children/eligibility.html

Thank you for sending this link that clarifies it more to me now.
I understand and appreciate your help here.

It just annoys me that it's a basic human right for a person to visit and stay with his family in need for longer period if required. And they haven't considered such requirements while making the rules for PR.

Again, I do consider your inputs very useful.

Thanks and Regards.

niravit57

Jul 3, 2020
Thank you for sending this link that clarifies it more to me now.
I understand and appreciate your help here.

It just annoys me that it's a basic human right for a person to visit and stay with his family in need for longer period if required. And they haven't considered such requirements while making the rules for PR.

Again, I do consider your inputs very useful.

Thanks and Regards.
One more question:

How about applying for Study Visa for spouse (Principal Applicant) ?

Please let me know your thoughts on that.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
One more question:

How about applying for Study Visa for spouse (Principal Applicant) ?

Please let me know your thoughts on that.
You can certainly try. But keep in mind that IRCC isn't stupid. If you have a spouse who is Canadian then it's generally more difficult to get a study permit approved since IRCC knows people try to use study permits as a means of getting their spouse to Canada earlier (i.e. the spouse really isn't a genuine student and has plans to remain in Canada long term through spousal sponsorship).

If your spouse wants to try the study permit route, then she needs to make sure that her planned studies in Canada make sense in light of her previous education and work experience. She needs to be taking a higher level of education in Canada than she took previously. Coming here for a diploma or certificate likely has a pretty high chance of refusal. A master's at a top ranked Canadian university will have a much higher chance.

Your spouse will need to show she has sufficient funds to cover first year tuition and $10K in living expenses. So generally this means showing a balance of at least $25,000.