+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Class Spousal Visa - Passport Submitted to New Delhi IRCC

Entity

Star Member
Jan 26, 2022
Is your stuff arriving before you? If so, don't know (assume you arranged some way).

If it is arriving after you, that's exactly the case of goods to follow. You should have shipping details and manifests etc. You get that stamped so they recognise as personal effects of arriving PR, no duty.
I just sent it via courier to my husband. I did not know you could get stuff to come after you and it would be duty free.

Entity

Star Member
Jan 26, 2022
Is your stuff arriving before you? If so, don't know (assume you arranged some way).

If it is arriving after you, that's exactly the case of goods to follow. You should have shipping details and manifests etc. You get that stamped so they recognise as personal effects of arriving PR, no duty.
I just sent it via courier to my husband. I was not aware of any goods to follow service or of it being duty free. Wish I had known earlier. Do you think I should send the stuff I was going to bring in suit cases instead through goods to follow? Or should I just bring it in checked luggage if it can be fit?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I just sent it via courier to my husband. I was not aware of any goods to follow service or of it being duty free. Wish I had known earlier. Do you think I should send the stuff I was going to bring in suit cases instead through goods to follow? Or should I just bring it in checked luggage if it can be fit?
I don't know about your stuff send before - again, has it already arrived?

Goods to follow: basically this is typically for sending container-sized units. Purely a question of cost. If you only have a few or even several extra suitcases, it'll still be cheaper than a container (esp nowadays).

But note - this is from where we came from, possible there are other alternatives. Speak to moving / shipping companies.

Entity

Star Member
Jan 26, 2022
I don't know about your stuff send before - again, has it already arrived?

Goods to follow: basically this is typically for sending container-sized units. Purely a question of cost. If you only have a few or even several extra suitcases, it'll still be cheaper than a container (esp nowadays).

But note - this is from where we came from, possible there are other alternatives. Speak to moving / shipping companies.
Oh okay, so it's only for containers. I have tried to ask around in my country and state but it doesn't seem this option is available from Punjab, India.

Reactions: armoured

Entity

Star Member
Jan 26, 2022
GC Key just updated that my application is approved and the final decision is approved and a counterfoil has been attached onto my document and is valid for 1 year. Does anyone know how long after this will they mail it back to me via BlueDart.

Reactions: davinder sandhu

davinder sandhu

Star Member
Jan 26, 2011
Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
Nomination.....
27-Sep-2012
AOR Received.
12-jan-2013
IELTS Request
Already Sent
File Transfer...
17-April-2013 Colombo
Med's Request
17-Jun-2013
Med's Done....
28-Jun-2013 (10-July-2013 Medicals Recieved)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05-Aug-2013(submitted 09-Aug-13)
VISA ISSUED...
29-Aug-2013
LANDED..........
Very Soon... :) :)
Good news

Reactions: Entity

Entity

Star Member
Jan 26, 2022
I had to web chat and ask them, but VFS Global confirmed that since like 7 or 8 am IST my passport was on it's way back with the decision envelope.

RavRishi

Jun 12, 2020
21 Jan 2022 - PPR
21 Jan 2022 - Raised Web form and got AWB
24 Jan 2022 - Package drop-off at Blue-dart at Bathinda Location
27 Jan 2022 - Package is delivered to Panchkula

No email received from vfs yet..

Please reply if anyone is having similar situation. Thanks

Entity

Star Member
Jan 26, 2022
Due to COVID since all passport submissions are courier only, you will only get tracking from VFS if you submitted the extra form and paid extra for SMS and Email tracking for VFS.

Otherwise you will only get Bluedart tracking to VFS but no information from VFS to IRCC
. IRCC will then update on GC Key if you got a Visa counterfoil and what the Visa number is. Then you will get no tracking back to VFS, and then you will get tracking from VFS back to home by BlueDart.

This is the link for their help line, use webchat or call Delhi:

Track your application | vfsglobal

RavRishi

Jun 12, 2020
Due to COVID since all passport submissions are courier only, you will only get tracking from VFS if you submitted the extra form and paid extra for SMS and Email tracking for VFS.

Otherwise you will only get Bluedart tracking to VFS but no information from VFS to IRCC
. IRCC will then update on GC Key if you got a Visa counterfoil and what the Visa number is. Then you will get no tracking back to VFS, and then you will get tracking from VFS back to home by BlueDart.

This is the link for their help line, use webchat or call Delhi:

Track your application | vfsglobal
Really appreciate for the valuable information provided by you...
we paid around 1729 rs. while filling out the webform
we attached vfs courier form into the envelop.. in which mentioned the number for sms service.

should i call high commission Delhi??

go to link and try webchat?? option

Entity

Star Member
Jan 26, 2022
Really appreciate for the valuable information provided by you...
we paid around 1729 rs. while filling out the webform
we attached vfs courier form into the envelop.. in which mentioned the number for sms service.

should i call high commission Delhi??

go to link and try webchat?? option
Calling and Webchat are both equally fast. I use webchat personally. They are available from 10 am to 2 pm IST.

RavRishi

Jun 12, 2020
btw - did you took preium service at the time of biometrics?> and how wmuch you had paid for courier?

Entity

Star Member
Jan 26, 2022
btw - did you took preium service at the time of biometrics?> and how wmuch you had paid for courier?
I don't remember how much I paid, my husband paid it all so I was not paying too much attention. And I didn't have to give biometrics, I had given them back in 2019 for a visitor visa, and the biometrics are valid for 10 years for a person.