+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Class Spousal Sponsorship Inland - Philippine Citizen

abally

Dec 9, 2019
I am sponsoring my wife to become a permanent resident. We got married here in Canada and she is currently living with me. Does she still need a CENOMAR as part of the country-specific documents? We have a Report of Marriage form certified by the Philippine General Consulate in Calgary but I am wondering if a CENOMAR is still needed because she is technically no longer single. Please advise

gracey31

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
you need PSA- Advisory on Marriages-this is for the married person, CENOMAR is for single person

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
Yes a CENOMAR is a "certificate of no marriage". She only needs this to prove her singleness. Now she is married she doesnt have to prove her singleness.

gracey31

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
it depends on the country specific requirements, if they ask you to give CENOMAR but you are already married,Philippine Statistics Office will give you the ADVISORY ON MARRIAGES

n1ckeda

Star Member
Feb 6, 2020
Im trying to sponsor my long term common law partner, we've been living together over 6 years and have all supporting evidence.

she married third party in previous relationship 2008, and separated 2011. She has separation agreement also wrote a letter explaining the timeline of past relationship.

we are almost ready to apply and I read country specific requirements,

does she need to include her marriage certificate with her ex?

what about this; Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) Advisory on Marriages???

if anyone could pls clarify thanks!

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
Im trying to sponsor my long term common law partner, we've been living together over 6 years and have all supporting evidence.

she married third party in previous relationship 2008, and separated 2011. She has separation agreement also wrote a letter explaining the timeline of past relationship.

we are almost ready to apply and I read country specific requirements,

does she need to include her marriage certificate with her ex?

what about this; Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) Advisory on Marriages???

if anyone could pls clarify thanks!
I'm assuming shes still legally married. So yes you guys will need to provide the marriage certificate with your application.