+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Class Sponsorship

Ragavan S

Jun 18, 2022
Hi All,

My Closed work permit is going to expired in November 2022 do i need to submit closed work permit application first or Can I submit the Spouse PR application at this time as I am eligible to get the Open work permit.?

If we submit the both the application will it create any delay in processing of the applications?

Request you to post your suggestions. Thanks !

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Not exactly sure about your close work permit question...
But for inland spousal sponsorship, you could submit OWP included for paper form application. For online inland, I think you need to wait for AOR.
Once the application is submitted, you will be in implied status. However, we saw many cases that, if your application is incompleted and returned, you lost the implied status. So it's in general safer to extend your stay util you get AOR (to show sponsorship application is submitted with all the required documents and signatures.)
If you are eligable to be sponsor now, why not apply sooner rather than later.

Reactions: Ragavan S

Ragavan S

Jun 18, 2022
Not exactly sure about your close work permit question...
But for inland spousal sponsorship, you could submit OWP included for paper form application. For online inland, I think you need to wait for AOR.
Once the application is submitted, you will be in implied status. However, we saw many cases that, if your application is incompleted and returned, you lost the implied status. So it's in general safer to extend your stay util you get AOR (to show sponsorship application is submitted with all the required documents and signatures.)
If you are eligable to be sponsor now, why not apply sooner rather than later.
Thanks for your inputs.

Any average timeline to receive AOR when we submit application online inland