+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family class sponsorship

Emmy Nguyen

Jan 2, 2020
Hi everyone,

I have been currently studying and working in Canada for 4 years. I have been living with my husband for almost two years before getting married. We just got married in Dec 2019 and now we are working on sponsorship application. What I understand is family class is Outland application which is faster and gives me opportunity to visiting Vietnam (my hometown) during the process. I don’t know if I can apply for family class or not because in the supporting documents checklist, I have to check the box “currently not living together” in order to apply as an Outland application.

I am so confused about what I should do.
Please help!!!!!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi everyone,

I have been currently studying and working in Canada for 4 years. I have been living with my husband for almost two years before getting married. We just got married in Dec 2019 and now we are working on sponsorship application. What I understand is family class is Outland application which is faster and gives me opportunity to visiting Vietnam (my hometown) during the process. I don’t know if I can apply for family class or not because in the supporting documents checklist, I have to check the box “currently not living together” in order to apply as an Outland application.

Please help!!!!!
?

You don't need to state anywhere that you aren't living together to apply outland. It's perfectly fine to be living together in Canada and apply outland.

Emmy Nguyen

Jan 2, 2020
?

You don't need to state anywhere that you aren't living together to apply outland. It's perfectly fine to be living together in Canada and apply outland.
Hi,
In my spouse checklist IMM5533, under part B supporting documents, questions 7, Proof of relationship to sponsor, I have to choice once of these two. What should I check then? Am I in the wrong document checklist?

Issababe

Jan 15, 2020
I became a permanent resident 2 years ago. At the time of the application, i do not have a dependent child therefore they are not included in the application and were not examined. But now I would like to sponsor one child who is over age, because I do NOT have any relatives living in Canada. I do not have a spouse, no siblings, no children and NO other relatives. Can i sponsor my ONE NON-DEPENDENT CHILD? Pls help

Chad4lyphe

Jul 28, 2019
Hi everyone,

Please help!!!!!
U have a next box as well that stated I am currently living in Canada and I am applying under the family class, not under the SPOUSE ARE COMMON LAW IN CANADA, I BELIEVE THAT ONE SUIT YOUR SITUATION

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,
In my spouse checklist IMM5533, under part B supporting documents, questions 7, Proof of relationship to sponsor, I have to choice once of these two. What should I check then? Am I in the wrong document checklist?
Again, nothing there to state that you must be living apart to apply outland. You check the option that you live together.

Emmy Nguyen

Jan 2, 2020
Again, nothing there to state that you must be living apart to apply outland. You check the option that you live together.
Hi,
Then what should i check in this question if I previously checked Family Class, and currently living in Canada?
"Proof of relationship to sponsor",
"Reminder: to apply under the Spouse or Common Law Partner in Canada Class, you must be living with your sponsor in Canada. If you are not living with our sponsor, you should apply under the Family Class".
a, Are you and your spouse currently living together?
  • No : Provide proof of Contact and Proof of your sponsor's visit.
  • Yes: Provide sharing financial documents

Please help. What should i check in this question?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,
Then what should i check in this question if I previously checked Family Class, and currently living in Canada?
"Proof of relationship to sponsor",
"Reminder: to apply under the Spouse or Common Law Partner in Canada Class, you must be living with your sponsor in Canada. If you are not living with our sponsor, you should apply under the Family Class".
a, Are you and your spouse currently living together?
  • No : Provide proof of Contact and Proof of your sponsor's visit.
  • Yes: Provide sharing financial documents

Please help. What should i check in this question?
As already clearly stated, YES. There is nothing in there that implies in any way that you can't be living together in Canada and apply outland.

Reactions: Emmy Nguyen

Emmy Nguyen

Jan 2, 2020
As already clearly stated, YES. There is nothing in there that implies in any way that you can't be living together in Canada and apply outland.
Hi,
Omg thank you so much. I just want to confirm that if I select yes, my application still consider as Outland right?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I became a permanent resident 2 years ago. At the time of the application, i do not have a dependent child therefore they are not included in the application and were not examined. But now I would like to sponsor one child who is over age, because I do NOT have any relatives living in Canada. I do not have a spouse, no siblings, no children and NO other relatives. Can i sponsor my ONE NON-DEPENDENT CHILD? Pls help
Are your parents alive?