+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family class sponsorship

ZainabAbbasA

Aug 17, 2019
Hi

I am currently 26 but living in Pakistan with my mother who is a Canadian PR. She is unable to leave me alone here because of cultural and political situation in the country. I just finished studies and still financially dependent on my mother. Two of my sisters are already Canadian and two are married but living in Pakistan separate from us two.
I would appreciate any suggestions. Please note that I’m having tough luck to get selected under express entry too.
When applying for my mother’s PR back in 2014 I was not made part of that application and at that time I was 22 and most probably qualified as dependent at that time.
Is there any way now that I can apply to be considered at the lockedin date as dependent.
Since I’m unmarried, and dependent and living alone with my mother!!?

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Hi

I am currently 26 but living in Pakistan with my mother who is a Canadian PR. She is unable to leave me alone here because of cultural and political situation in the country. I just finished studies and still financially dependent on my mother. Two of my sisters are already Canadian and two are married but living in Pakistan separate from us two.
I would appreciate any suggestions. Please note that I’m having tough luck to get selected under express entry too.
When applying for my mother’s PR back in 2014 I was not made part of that application and at that time I was 22 and most probably qualified as dependent at that time.
Is there any way now that I can apply to be considered at the lockedin date as dependent.
No. You cannot be a dependent.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi

Unfortunately the answer is no. If you wish to move to Canada, you will need to qualify for PR independently through an economic immigration stream. If you don't have enough points under Express Entry - you should look into the Provincial Nominee Programs.