+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family class sponsorship

Preetbrar

Apr 8, 2018
I am sponsoring my mother in the family class for 2018.Just want to check Am I doing the forms correctly:
IMM1344 -To be signed by applicant,sponsor and cosigner
IMM 5768-Sponsor ,cosigner
IMM 008-only by applicant
IMM5669-applicant
IMM5406-applicant
IMM 5476-Representative,applicant

Please guide me If I am missing any form or signature.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
I am sponsoring my mother in the family class for 2018.Just want to check Am I doing the forms correctly:
IMM1344 -To be signed by applicant,sponsor and cosigner
IMM 5768-Sponsor ,cosigner
IMM 008-only by applicant
IMM5669-applicant
IMM5406-applicant
IMM 5476-Representative,applicant

Please guide me If I am missing any form or signature.
I think its are okay......you could verify with the checklist
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5771e.pdf

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/sponsorship-parents-grandparents.html

Reactions: Preetbrar

Aakash Evans

Sep 22, 2014
Query on IMM 5476:

Can the sponsor be the representative? I know the sponsor can. But the complete guide says the following:

If the person you’re sponsoring is living outside Canada and is 18 years of age or older, and your address in Canada is provided as their mailing address on the application for permanent residence (IMM 0008), the principal applicant (person you’re sponsoring) must complete a Use of Representative form listing you as their representative.

In this case, do i need to change the form IMM 0008 address of my spouse as my (Sponsor) Canada address?

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Query on IMM 5476:

Can the sponsor be the representative? I know the sponsor can. But the complete guide says the following:

If the person you’re sponsoring is living outside Canada and is 18 years of age or older, and your address in Canada is provided as their mailing address on the application for permanent residence (IMM 0008), the principal applicant (person you’re sponsoring) must complete a Use of Representative form listing you as their representative.

In this case, do i need to change the form IMM 0008 address of my spouse as my (Sponsor) Canada address?
I guess you applied for spousal sponsorship, your are the Sponsor and the PA is living outside Canada

If the Sponsor address in Canada was provided as the mailing address in IMM008......then all correspondence will be sent to that address..........hence IRCC is saying since all correspondence based on the address go through the Sponsor and not directly to the PA..........the PA should just complete a Use of Representative form listing the Sponsor as their representative.

You don't need to change the address in the form IMM0008 to the Sponsor address............its not mandatory you have a Representative.........if you the Sponsor want's to be the Representative for your PA (wife).........its just choice............then just ask PA to complete a Use of Representative.

Last edited: