+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Class Sponsorship

faisaljee2

Oct 31, 2009
Hello,

I am canadian citizen and hold canadian passport. Married a lady in Saudi Arabia and sponsored her at the end of december. The case is in process. Every thing seems to be fine so far. I have recieved the letter from CPC - Mississauga and they have accepted the application. For saudi arabia i have submitted every thing but there seems to be a problem for POLICE REPORT. In order to get police report Processing office in Abu Dhabi have to mail us some special police certificate request letter. According to them we should have recieved it with in 90 days but no mail so far. Any one knows why? Someone told me that due to strict rules in saudi arabia women do not really require police report as women barely commit crime so that might be the reason they wont require police report. Is that true?

Another thing is that when i go online and check application status it say it is in process and when i click that it say following:-

Permanent Residence
We started processing APPLICANT NAME application on February 4, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

Does that means my wife will be with me soon?

Please someone let me know

Thanks

I

iarblue

When it says decision made,they will send you a letter or email,for passport request,the timelines are 18 months for 80% of the cases so 18 months from the date the visa office says they have recived it.So july 2011 but it could be sooner.Check the forum as there is a lot there that are going through the same visa office and see what their timeline has been.

peacekeeper

Star Member
Apr 28, 2008
Saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-29-2009
AOR Received.
02-01-2010
File Transfer...
19-11-2009
You have to submit Police Report from KSA.. if your wife stayed there more then 6 months. (is she KSA national)
KSA take time for police report may be few months, you have to get that...
Abu Dhabi office will will take more then 9- 12 months for Spouse Visa Processing so Sit tight...

faisaljee2

Oct 31, 2009
Thank you guys for your appreiciateable answer. She is not Saudi national but she is waiting. I guess you are right. have to sit tight =D Thank you once again!

I

iarblue

How to obtain a police certificate
Saudi Arabia
Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?

Yes. However, certificates are available only to current and past legal residents.

How and where do I obtain one?

If you need a police certificate, your immigration processing office will give you a request letter. If you have any questions about this, please contact your immigration processing office.

If you live in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

If your application is being processed at the Canadian High Commission in London, you are not required to obtain a police certificate until the London visa office sends you a police certificate request letter with instructions on how to apply.

If you are applying at the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi, UAE, you should submit the police certificate with your application. You can contact the visa office for a request letter at fax: (971 2) 694-0396 or e-mail: abu-dhabi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca Please include your immigration file number if you have one.

For applications being processed at any other office, request letters may be obtained by e‑mail: riyadh.visa@international.gc.ca or fax: 966-1-488-9657. Please include the file number, the office where you applied and your mailing address.

The police certificate request letter will be sent to you by mail. You must present this letter, along with valid identification and proof of legal residency in Saudi Arabia to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. If they approve you, you must then apply for the police certificate in person at the relevant police headquarters.

If you live outside the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

Consult the nearest Embassy of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for information on how to obtain a police certificate.

If your application is being processed in Canada, you are not required to obtain a police certificate until the Case Processing Centre sends you a police certificate request letter. For instructions on how to apply for a police certificate, consult the Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia located in Ottawa: http://www.mofa.gov.sa/Detail.asp?InSectionID=2813&InNewsItemID=65066