+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Class Sponsorship/Spousal Outland-Decision Made

calaicai

May 25, 2021
Hi! I checked the Online tool and the status has been changed to “Decision Made” since May 11th. However, we still haven’t received any email correspondence. How long does it usually take to receive the email? Thank you.

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It can take up to one month. Make sure to check both emails(sponsor and PA) and gckey account too.

User_01

Star Member
May 25, 2021
Hello calaicai, congratulations, awesome! If possible, could you give the details of your application timeline, please? Such as When AOR1, AOR2 received, Medical passed? And which visa office processes your application?

calaicai

May 25, 2021
Hello calaicai, congratulations, awesome! If possible, could you give the details of your application timeline, please? Such as When AOR1, AOR2 received, Medical passed? And which visa office processes your application?
Thank you! I am sponsoring my husband who is currently in the Philippines. Please see below timelines. February 5, 2021 - CIC received my application package March 4, 2021 - I received the Biometric Instruction March 8, 2021 - I received the Medical Instruction March 31, 2021- my husband went for medical exam (I had to email the clinic to follow up because it’s been almost a month and didn’t hear back) April 21, 2021 - Medical Results have been received April 22, 2021 - They requested an additional document. April 30, 2021 - I submitted the required document. May 10, 2021 - I received email confirmation that they received the additional document. May 11, 2021- status was changed from “In Process” to “Decision Made”. Now I’m still waiting for what’s next.

User_01

Star Member
May 25, 2021
Hmm, understood, I wish you get the approval status soon. It is nice to see that your application has been processed relatively quickly, nearly 3 months from the submission. I am a PR sponsoring my spouse (outland spousal sponsorship) and this is the timeline:

November 13, 2020: Application was received by the Case Processing Centre (Sydney, Nova Scotia)
April 22, 2021 - Received the AOR 1
April 22, 2021 - Sponsorship eligibility passed
April 23, 2021 - Medical request letter received (the letter also specified that the application will be forwarded to the Visa Office in Ankara, Turkey)
April 27, 2021 - Medical exam completed
April 29, 2021 - Medical exam passed

I am also wondering whether your husband has received the AOR 2 document separately (showing that the Visa Office has started to process his permanent residence application)?

aarrvv

May 25, 2021
hi @calaicai congratulations on your next steps. I'm also applying from the Philippines. Which medical center did you go? How was the experience there? I will be going to IOM this week for my medical. thanks

Samaritan Strategy

Mar 4, 2021
I have a family sponsorship case and my family is having medical in a weeks time, their passports are expiring in December 2021. Should we renew their passports after the medical or should we wait until they get the visa and then renew the passports? Any expert advice.

aarrvv

May 25, 2021
I have a family sponsorship case and my family is having medical in a weeks time, their passports are expiring in December 2021. Should we renew their passports after the medical or should we wait until they get the visa and then renew the passports? Any expert advice.
Hello, i'm no expert to this but I think it depends on how fast/slow the process for passport renewal. If renewal is fast and can still accommodate within the medical deadline, then I suggest to renew first. If not, then maybe take the medical first then renew after?
In my case, I made sure to renew it first before starting the sponsorship application..

Thats just my opinion

calaicai

May 25, 2021
hi @calaicai congratulations on your next steps. I'm also applying from the Philippines. Which medical center did you go? How was the experience there? I will be going to IOM this week for my medical. thanks
Thank you! My husband went to Nationwide Health System in Cebu. I had to email them to follow up. I should’ve emailed them sooner as it was only then when they forwarded the medical exam to cic.

calaicai

May 25, 2021
Hmm, understood, I wish you get the approval status soon. It is nice to see that your application has been processed relatively quickly, nearly 3 months from the submission. I am a PR sponsoring my spouse (outland spousal sponsorship) and this is the timeline:

November 13, 2020: Application was received by the Case Processing Centre (Sydney, Nova Scotia)
April 22, 2021 - Received the AOR 1
April 22, 2021 - Sponsorship eligibility passed
April 23, 2021 - Medical request letter received (the letter also specified that the application will be forwarded to the Visa Office in Ankara, Turkey)
April 27, 2021 - Medical exam completed
April 29, 2021 - Medical exam passed

I am also wondering whether your husband has received the AOR 2 document separately (showing that the Visa Office has started to process his permanent residence application)?
No he did not receive anything. On the online tool, it says that they have started processing the application on April 14, 2021.

aarrvv

May 25, 2021
Thank you! My husband went to Nationwide Health System in Cebu. I had to email them to follow up. I should’ve emailed them sooner as it was only then when they forwarded the medical exam to cic.
Isee. Okay. I had my medical in Manila. I hope they submit the results ASAP. Will check with them after a week. Thanks a lot mam. Keep in touch!

Samaritan Strategy

Mar 4, 2021
Hello, i'm no expert to this but I think it depends on how fast/slow the process for passport renewal. If renewal is fast and can still accommodate within the medical deadline, then I suggest to renew first. If not, then maybe take the medical first then renew after?
In my case, I made sure to renew it first before starting the sponsorship application..

Thats just my opinion
Thanks appreciate your help.

MAX_KAYLER

Oct 15, 2021
HELLO !
My application changed to decision made on 1st October 2021 , still waiting for the email to create PR portal , Dont know why its taking so long >>???