+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family class PR Landing questions

prak11

Star Member
May 5, 2010
Dear All,

My wife just received her PR approval under family class. Now we have couple of questions about the landing process. If anyone can help it would be nice....
(a) I live in Ottawa,Ontario. Can my wife land anywhere in canada including QUEBEC as port of entry ? The flight itenary is
India - germany - montreal,quebec - ottawa,ontario. is there any issue with this?
(b) Does my wife need to show any cash amount at the Port Of Entry like federal skilled worker?
(c) Is it ok if my wife shows just the COPR and passport with immigrant visa. Are there any other documents that need to be shown at the port of entry?
(d) From Montreal, quebec - ottawa, ontario there is just 1.30 hrs time between flights before she boards the flight bound to ottawa. is that enough time to complete all the formalities or we require more time? if so what would be the ideal time between flights?
(e) Any other things that we need to plan for or consider like Goods list...ETC....

Please advise

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
a. That will be fine.
b. No
c. Just those documents you noted.
d. I recommend 3 hours between landing and the next flight. You don't know how long those line ups will be.
e. Good list - check CBSA website

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Note that you can download the goods to follow forms and complete them before she starts her journey, it will save time when landing.
I have no idea how far you are from Ottawa airport (I am west of Ottawa), get your wife to call you when she has completed the landing process at Montreal, then check the actual arrival time at Ottawa airport before you travel to the airport.

Are you driving to Ottawa airport to collect her?
Depending on the arrival time, you may need to allow extra time, as the road to the airport can be congested.
There are a few places (with no parking charges), that you can wait around the airport, let me know if you need the information.