+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family class PR application timeline

rashk12

Nov 16, 2017
Hi, I couriered my documents from India to CIC on 21st Jan 2018 and CIC received it on 25th Jan 2018.

Received request for medical and PCC on 21st March 2018 and couriered these documents on 29th March 2018.

My husband received a letter from CIC on 1st May 2018(letter was dated 20th April 2018) stating that my application has been forwarded to the New Delhi office for further processing.

I would like to know what will be the next update and how much time does it take to get update to submit paasport for further processing.

Is my application process going as per the timeline ?

I am getting worried as I am not able to get any update. Tried Linking my online account but it didn't work properly.

Please help.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Its not unusual not to hear from IRCC for months after medical exam.........how long it takes to complete processing of.spousal sponsorship application varies depending on the Visa Office and on a case basis......will advice you assume processing takes 12months to complete.......to help reduce the waiting stress......relax.......its a wait.

Most straight forward Outland Sponsorship follow these steps (the order may vary)
  1. Application received at IRCC CPC
  2. IRCC CPC start processing application
  3. Receive Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR 1)
  4. Link Application to Online Account
  5. Upload Schedule A form
  6. Sponsor Approval and File transfer to VO
  7. VO starts processing PR application (AOR 2)
  8. Receive Request for Medical Exam
  9. Medical Exam @ IRCC Panel Physician Clinic
  10. Medical Exam Result
  11. Passport Request (PPR)
  12. Pick-up Permanent Residency Visa (PUM)

Please read the wiki article in the link below, this summarizes one method that may work......for linking application to online account.

All about MyCIC

rashk12

Nov 16, 2017
Thank you for your reply. 12 months is the maximum period it takes right?

When I was applying, my agent said it would take 6-8 months for the entire processing and I am done with 5 months.

So, I am hoping that I get a reply soon.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Thank you for your reply. 12 months is the maximum period it takes right?

When I was applying, my agent said it would take 6-8 months for the entire processing and I am done with 5 months.

So, I am hoping that I get a reply soon.
No. 12 months is a target for 80% of applications. It could take longer, it's not a promise or guarantee.

rashk12

Nov 16, 2017
Also, I tried linking my online account but there was some issue like I was not able to upload documents etc. Hence had to send the documents via courier.

Hence, I am not able to view any update on the online account that is there. So all I can do is wait.

Thank you.

rashk12

Nov 16, 2017
I would like to know if I can apply for temporary visa and travel while my PR is being processed. Is that possible?