+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family class for Sister

Acrossit

Jul 27, 2011
Dear All,

I have a sister with 3 sons (all above 18 years old) living in Kuwait and she hold a university degree in finance & accounts. Myself having a permanent residence in Canada and 2 other sisters are Canadian Citizens. I will appreciate your kind update and help if we cam (myself & the 2 Canadian sisters) to be able to bring our sister and her sons to Canada as permanent residence either as a skilled worker or as a family sponsorship.

You ind reply will be highly appreciated.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There was a similar question posed on a different Canadian immigration forum, and this is basically the answer that a more knowledgeable poster gave......so I'm not 100% sure on this, but I believe FSW is your best bet for the following reasons:

- You'd only be able to sponsor your sister if she's under 18 years of age, an orphan, and not married or in a common-law relationship (definetely not the case).

- You could have also sponsored her but only if you sponsored your parents and included your sister in the parent's PR application IF she qualified as a dependent child (again, not possible because parent and grandparent visas have been put on hold for 2 years AND I assume your sister does not qualify as a dependent child)

- Also, I *think* you would be able to sponsor her if you had no living family or relatives in Canada, AND no other eligible family member you could sponsor living abroad (here again, because of the other sisters that are citizens, you don't meet both criteria).

With all of these options gone, she'd have to apply under skilled worker class. She can only be sponsored by a Canadian (PR or citizen) spouse under family class.

Acrossit said:
Dear All,

I have a sister with 3 sons (all above 18 years old) living in Kuwait and she hold a university degree in finance & accounts. Myself having a permanent residence in Canada and 2 other sisters are Canadian Citizens. I will appreciate your kind update and help if we cam (myself & the 2 Canadian sisters) to be able to bring our sister and her sons to Canada as permanent residence either as a skilled worker or as a family sponsorship.

You ind reply will be highly appreciated.

Sumonde

Mar 5, 2013
I have sister and she is settled in montreal, qubec.... she has a four year son.....has a house..... i m her younger brother ....i m 21 years old...can she take me with her in family class for sister.... whats the procedure??????????....i lost ma father ....am i fall under orphan?????? pls inform me asap

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Sumonde said:
I have sister and she is settled in montreal, qubec.... she has a four year son.....has a house..... i m her younger brother ....i m 21 years old...can she take me with her in family class for sister.... whats the procedure??????????....i lost ma father ....am i fall under orphan?????? pls inform me asap
No - she cannot sponsor you under family class. You are too old to qualify as an orphan and she has other family members in Canada. For these reasons being sponsored through family class by your sister is not an option. If you wish to immigration to Canada - you will have to qualify independently through the skilled worker or one of the provincial nominee programs.