+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family business query

thatsnandu

Star Member
Feb 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

Just happened to read another topic similar to my situation and thought of posting mine as well. I have completed my graduation in 2006 and since then I was working untill Sept 2010, which obviously has proof.. After that i had to help my father in our family business till now. Now am planning to apply to canada for sept intake. I am from india and hopefully will be applying under SPP.. I know as per SPP we do not need any proof of work experience or any other extra documents, but still have following doubts,

Will it be good enough to just write down the gap mentioning the family business details or will we have to prove it by attaching documents?

If so what will be the necessary documents?

What will be the effect on visa if a gap like this comes?(I was working in hotel and will be applying to a related PG course in Canada, but my family business is entirely different sector)

I know it is not a common situation. Would like to hear from Experts or anybody who has faced it before.

Nandu

Lize

Star Member
Jan 26, 2012
Well I think gaps no longer than 1 and a half years are not a problem at all IF you have good academics and a good score in the IELTS , good financials , related course , etc.

I have been reading previous experiences of rejected visas and I have implied something:
Most cases when a study permit is denied , the person applying has some trouble with the previous academics(marks), some of them are very low.
Also the previous education doesn't match the future plans. or they have gotten admission in some iffy private colleges ( ex. stouffville, etc).

But the main thing you have to secure to succeed in your application is your "grades", of course that if you don't have the proper financials you wont get the visa, but if you have the proper financials and bad records or average it will depend on luck.

So don't worry about gaps , only worry if they surpassed the 2 years limit. In that case you will need a good explanation.

There's one post around the web , and says that there's not better method to obtain a visa than presenting outstanding grades. The embassies have a certain limit of how much students they let in canada. ONLY the best students are the chosen ones. And of course the lucky ones.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lize said:
Well I think gaps no longer than 1 and a half years are not a problem at all IF you have good academics and a good score in the IELTS , good financials , related course , etc.

I have been reading previous experiences of rejected visas and I have implied something:
Most cases when a study permit is denied , the person applying has some trouble with the previous academics(marks), some of them are very low.
Also the previous education doesn't match the future plans. or they have gotten admission in some iffy private colleges ( ex. stouffville, etc).

But the main thing you have to secure to succeed in your application is your "grades", of course that if you don't have the proper financials you wont get the visa, but if you have the proper financials and bad records or average it will depend on luck.

So don't worry about gaps , only worry if they surpassed the 2 years limit. In that case you will need a good explanation.

There's one post around the web , and says that there's not better method to obtain a visa than presenting outstanding grades. The embassies have a certain limit of how much students they let in canada. ONLY the best students are the chosen ones. And of course the lucky ones.
Hi,

It's a good post.

1. I don't think if there is any limit for student visa approval and, also I believe academic should be an above average if not outstanding.

H

HBK

Lize said:

Absolutely right.when everything is O.K. from your side like finance , relavent admission, at last it comes to your academic grades.
all and all they wants to check genuineness of students by checking academic grades.