+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family-based humanitarian program for Colombians, Haitians and Venezuelans

LA2023

Dec 4, 2023
Bogota
It seems there is a big volume on applications on Nov 20 and 21 and they are still processing those applications.
Yes! I think the most of applications started to get in by Nov 21, because before that there was the payment fee requirement, that they were able to disappear from the submitting process. (Since it is a 'No fees' program)

Reactions: Bea.canadavisa

Bea.canadavisa

Nov 29, 2023
Application (submission) date: 2023-11-23 1:30 AM (UTC)
Date AOR received: 2023-12-08 10:18 AM (MST)
Date of biometrics:
Date of medical exam:
Application response:
Passport(s) request date:
Passport(s) received date:

Guarona

Feb 5, 2014
Received AOR today. Application submitted evening of 22nd (marked as Nov 23rd 1am UTC by the system). Timeline/details in my signature.

Question: Has anybody heard anything from the media or elsewhere about the estimated processing time for these? If it follows the 'Humanitarian and Compassionate cases' stream, then it seems like it will be 17 months.

I'm very surprised to see people getting the request for biometrics, but particularly for medical exams since they expire (at least historically) after 12 months, implying that the processing might be within that timeline.

Reactions: LA2023

yayita

Nov 13, 2013
Received AOR today. Application submitted evening of 22nd (marked as Nov 23rd 1am UTC by the system). Timeline/details in my signature.

Question: Has anybody heard anything from the media or elsewhere about the estimated processing time for these? If it follows the 'Humanitarian and Compassionate cases' stream, then it seems like it will be 17 months.

I'm very surprised to see people getting the request for biometrics, but particularly for medical exams since they expire (at least historically) after 12 months, implying that the processing might be within that timeline.

https://www.vozdeamerica.com/a/claves-nuevo-programa-migratorio-canada-para-venezolanos-colombianos-haitianos/7316106.html

• Wow
Reactions: Guarona

Guarona

Feb 5, 2014
From that article, that's an insanely fast processing time!

4. How quickly will the Government of Canada respond to the request?

The IRCC's goal is to welcome into its territory the majority of the 11,000 Venezuelans, Colombians and Haitians who benefit from this new immigration program "by March 31, 2024," said the spokesperson for the Canadian organization. However, she noted that they cannot control when each applicant will be able to travel to Canada.

Reactions: Bea.canadavisa

yayita

Nov 13, 2013
From that article, that's an insanely fast processing time!

4. How quickly will the Government of Canada respond to the request?

The IRCC's goal is to welcome into its territory the majority of the 11,000 Venezuelans, Colombians and Haitians who benefit from this new immigration program "by March 31, 2024," said the spokesperson for the Canadian organization. However, she noted that they cannot control when each applicant will be able to travel to Canada.
Well on one side this is humanitarian people at risk. They want to avoid displaced persons under Risky circumstances to the US. On the other side sales men promise anything and then internal departments have to do magic to pull that out LOL.