+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family-based humanitarian program for Colombians, Haitians and Venezuelans

Bea.canadavisa

Nov 29, 2023
Quick question. I just received the answer as returned. Reason proof of status (passport Photo page) is not complete??? I don't understand. Does anyone ells have the same response? This application was also paid for as it was still required when I submitted this one. Could that also be the reason why it was returned?
Maybe the refer to the anchor 's proof of status

LA2023

Dec 4, 2023
Bogota
Hi!

I applied, and did it by myself, so I was unaware of some details as I was very rushed to be able to apply ASAP.
Please take your time and try to double check everything to do it as correct as possible.

Hope info about my experience can help others in their process...

Applied: Wednesday Nov 22/2023
Got the Permanent Residence confirmation e mail.

Covered all requirements. All forms filled and signed, I also sent "all" documents required (I included my CV, University Diplomas, Educational Credential Assessments by a Canadian University, and my IELTS report as extra documents)

Didn't include:

1. Anchor's 'provincial card': Honest mistake! I thought they asked for my National Identity Card (which I uploaded), and not the Anchor's :S.
Hope it doesn't happen to anyone else!
But Anchor's (Provincial Card) information had to be crossed and revised by notary upon signing the form filled with such information (Statutory Declaration). So it was confirmed then. - Hopefully if needed, fingers crossed, they can request it later on!

2. Applied on No 22/2023 with the Colombian "Police Certificate" that you can access online; officially translated and notary authenticated.
Processed the Colombian '4GS' Background Verification Certificate on Saturday Nov 25/2023 (When I realized you had to ask private companies for it)
I got a '4GS' confirmation e-mail: Nov 27/2023 stating they would sent the report to the Embassy directly by Friday Dic 1/2023. (The IRCC will translate this document for you), I can't upload the confirmation e-mail I got for this certificate at this point (Also, there is no code or distinctive identification number for this 'background certificate' beyond your full name)

Tuesday Dic 5/2023 8:00 AM ET

No AOR, yet... But I'm certain that I will get it anytime soon!
Application Status: Submitted.

Best of lucks to all applicants!!!
I know how stressing processing correctly or, waiting for responses can be, but lets just keep our hopes high!

Reactions: wjcv and andrews17

Lola93

Star Member
May 18, 2016
Hi!

I applied, and did it by myself, so I was unaware of some details as I was very rushed to be able to apply ASAP.
Please take your time and try to double check everything to do it as correct as possible.

Hope info about my experience can help others in their process...

Applied: Wednesday Nov 22/2023
Got the Permanent Residence confirmation e mail.

Covered all requirements. All forms filled and signed, I also sent "all" documents required (I included my CV, University Diplomas, Educational Credential Assessments by a Canadian University, and my IELTS report as extra documents)

Didn't include:

1. Anchor's 'provincial card': Honest mistake! I thought they asked for my National Identity Card (which I uploaded), and not the Anchor's :S.
Hope it doesn't happen to anyone else!
But Anchor's (Provincial Card) information had to be crossed and revised by notary upon signing the form filled with such information (Statutory Declaration). So it was confirmed then. - Hopefully if needed, fingers crossed, they can request it later on!

2. Applied on No 22/2023 with the Colombian "Police Certificate" that you can access online; officially translated and notary authenticated.
Processed the Colombian '4GS' Background Verification Certificate on Saturday Nov 25/2023 (When I realized you had to ask private companies for it)
I got a '4GS' confirmation e-mail: Nov 27/2023 stating they would sent the report to the Embassy directly by Friday Dic 1/2023. (The IRCC will translate this document for you), I can't upload the confirmation e-mail I got for this certificate at this point (Also, there is no code or distinctive identification number for this 'background certificate' beyond your full name)

Tuesday Dic 5/2023 8:00 AM ET

No AOR, yet... But I'm certain that I will get it anytime soon!
Application Status: Submitted.

Best of lucks to all applicants!!!
I know how stressing processing correctly or, waiting for responses can be, but lets just keep our hopes high!
Thank you for sharing, I would recommend you submit the anchor's provincial ID ASAP through webform!

Lola93

Star Member
May 18, 2016
I have it PDF form,
How do you do that? Could you give me some indications please? Thank you very much!
Sure, Just to be sure put the provincial ID and the PR / cananadian passport in a single document so you cover your basis. Use this link: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Application/Form/72?fbclid=IwAR2VxkOXid-2pKL6WdoM8K7wpLmhV3HLJAiD5p_CJzjF4Vtt3CyBfDbNTXU
Make sure to put details as to when and what time and the full name of the program you applied for. Explain what are you sending and why.

David5272

Nov 21, 2023
Did you certified your translation in a notary? They asked for certified translations.

When I do my certified translations, the translator send it to a notary in Ontario (even if already comes from a notary from another country).
Oh, no, since it was a legal document here in Colombia I only request to be officially translated, that sounds like the issue.

Lola93

Star Member
May 18, 2016
Oh, no, since it was a legal document here in Colombia I only request to be officially translated, that sounds like the issue.
Depends, if your translator is certified in Canada, you do not need that. But if it was a translator in your home country, then it needs to be like that.

David5272

Nov 21, 2023
Depends, if your translator is certified in Canada, you do not need that. But if it was a translator in your home country, then it needs to be like that.
I think it doesn't need to be a certified translator in Canada, since the description in the guide states "A certified translator is a member in good standing of a professional translation association in Canada or abroad. Their certification must be confirmed by a seal or stamp that shows the translator’s membership number.". And I had no trouble with other translated documents, the thing is I used 2 different translators maybe they got issue with one. To be sure me family will be calling to check.

Reactions: Bea.canadavisa

Lola93

Star Member
May 18, 2016
What I am saying is, if the translator is from Colombia, they need to provide a notarized affidavit for the translations he/she does for you.

Sscs87

Dec 5, 2023
Canada
Application (submission) date: 2023-12-04 7:10 pm EST
Date AOR received:
Date of biometrics:
Date of medical exam:
Application response:
Passport(s) request date:
Passport(s) received date:

wjcv

May 28, 2015
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
20-11-2023
AOR Received.
29-11-2023
Maybe the translator that you used long time ago is not part at this moment of the list of certified translators in Colombia for Canada. No idea.

I do my translations in Canada and the company that does it send it to the notary.

I think it doesn't need to be a certified translator in Canada, since the description in the guide states "A certified translator is a member in good standing of a professional translation association in Canada or abroad. Their certification must be confirmed by a seal or stamp that shows the translator’s membership number.". And I had no trouble with other translated documents, the thing is I used 2 different translators maybe they got issue with one. To be sure me family will be calling to check.

Sscs87

Dec 5, 2023
Canada
Hi there! I am wondering if I damaged my family’s application with too much info.. basically not much to do because I already sent it but I would like your opinion.
My dad and his family are from venezuela but live in Chile.. my dad just got PR there and his family is awaiting the response which we showed because it is in the requirements that you live legally in Latin America or the Caribbean even if it is not their birth country. We decided to add to supporting docs their financial means, letter of employment and so forth because I am thinking that they must have some sort of filter for this. I though that maybe they will look at people who have more chances to succeed in their immigration process .. I am also aware that this is a humanitarian PR and maybe they want to prioritize people who don’t look like well established where they live in Latin America. Although they didn’t ask for any supporting docs to Show this. I did add an explanation letter saying why this was important and that they have experienced xenophobia and struggled to adapt etc , which is true .. but I am wondering if on paper they look too good in Chile at this time. Just curious what your thoughts are , I know this is a different type of humanitarian visa since it doesn’t require to show hardship.. but don’t know I guess I am second guessing myself and probably no one really knows since this is a new and different type of program.. any thoughts??
Thank you!!