+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family-based humanitarian program for Colombians, Haitians and Venezuelans

David5272

Nov 21, 2023
Can I ask what you uploaded as proof of common law? I'm in a common-law relationship too, and I'm worried about my application getting rejected because of that document.
Yeah I think it is tricky to know if it will be returned and why, I submitted a notary declaration we did like 1 year ago. Now I will be adding some receipts to the same address for both my girlfriend and me, just in case the document isn't enough. If you are having doubts about it, it is always a good idea to use the web form to submit additional documents or so.

Reactions: polo017

Lola93

Star Member
May 18, 2016
Yeah I think it is tricky to know if it will be returned and why, I submitted a notary declaration we did like 1 year ago. Now I will be adding some receipts to the same address for both my girlfriend and me, just in case the document isn't enough. If you are having doubts about it, it is always a good idea to use the web form to submit additional documents or so.
In the civil status and identity section what documents did you upload? because maybe you didn't upload everything they needed together there.

wjcv

May 28, 2015
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
20-11-2023
AOR Received.
29-11-2023
Did you certified your translation in a notary? They asked for certified translations.

When I do my certified translations, the translator send it to a notary in Ontario (even if already comes from a notary from another country).

I had this document already translated since some time ago, but for other documents in this application I used other company, I am thinking maybe this was the issue, despite both are official translations.

This was made by a notary in Colombia

yayita

Nov 13, 2013
Web form replied today " documents have been forwarded to corresponding office" I took 1 business day.

Anyone received AOR today? If so, from what day and UTC time?

Reactions: Lola93

karenes29

Dec 30, 2016
Hey, I just got my application returned (as I was expecting) but not for the reasons I thought. The thing is they marked my common law declaration (translated) as incomplete, and I don't know what is the issue with it. Does anyone have an idea?
It is better to call them.

When you look at the IMM 5990 section in your re-opened application, does it show the new form you sent to them through webform? Or the old one not signed?

Maryheth

Jan 24, 2018
Web form replied today " documents have been forwarded to corresponding office" I took 1 business day.

Hey Yayita, which option did you use on the webform, I tried using "Other application" and today they asked me to resubmit the documents.

Maryheth

Jan 24, 2018
Use the humanitarian one.
Thanks Lola! I did use the humanitarian and got this response:

Please do not reply to this email.
Protected A
Good day ,
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).​

We verified the information you provided; however, we require further information in order to access the file.

In order to better assist you, we invite you to resubmit your request by including the following information in a letter of explanation and uploading it in the IRCC Web form:
  • Surname and complete given name (including middle name, if applicable) - exactly as they appear on the passport or identity document,
  • Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD),
  • Client ID Number, UCI or Application Number,
  • Country of birth,
  • Type of application,
  • Date on which the application was submitted or received,
  • Mailing method (courier, Canada Post (registered or regular mail), etc.),
    • company used,
    • confirmation no.,
  • Complete address (including the postal code and the unit number) where the application was sent,
  • Receipt number,
  • Current address,
  • Telephone number(s),
  • Email address, and
  • All documents submitted with your previous request. ...

Lola93

Star Member
May 18, 2016
Thanks Lola! I did use the humanitarian and got this response:

Please do not reply to this email.
Protected A
Good day ,
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).​

We verified the information you provided; however, we require further information in order to access the file.

In order to better assist you, we invite you to resubmit your request by including the following information in a letter of explanation and uploading it in the IRCC Web form:​
  • Surname and complete given name (including middle name, if applicable) - exactly as they appear on the passport or identity document,
  • Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD),
  • Client ID Number, UCI or Application Number,
  • Country of birth,
  • Type of application,
  • Date on which the application was submitted or received,
  • Mailing method (courier, Canada Post (registered or regular mail), etc.),
    • company used,
    • confirmation no.,
  • Complete address (including the postal code and the unit number) where the application was sent,
  • Receipt number,
  • Current address,
  • Telephone number(s),
  • Email address, and
  • All documents submitted with your previous request. ...
Make sure to put as much information as possible about date and time of submission, the name of the program and an explanation of what are you adding.

Reactions: Maryheth

yayita

Nov 13, 2013
Make sure to put as much information as possible about date and time of submission, the name of the program and an explanation of what are you adding.
Oh yes. I the explanation box. Short and conscience. Tell what you are submitting why and add the program name exactly as IRCC is showing family based humanitarian bla bla bla....

Reactions: Maryheth

Sandra_Lopez

Oct 22, 2015

i also applied Nov 21st at 6:06pm but haven’t received AOR yet. Anyone from the 21 received it today?

yayita

Nov 13, 2013
Hey, I just got my application returned (as I was expecting) but not for the reasons I thought. The thing is they marked my common law declaration (translated) as incomplete, and I don't know what is the issue with it. Does anyone have an idea?
David, did you find out if your form IMM 5990 was corrected ?