+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family-based humanitarian program for Colombians, Haitians and Venezuelans

David5272

Nov 21, 2023
Hey, I just got my application returned (as I was expecting) but not for the reasons I thought. The thing is they marked my common law declaration (translated) as incomplete, and I don't know what is the issue with it. Does anyone have an idea?

yayita

Nov 13, 2013
Hey, I just got my application returned (as I was expecting) but not for the reasons I thought. The thing is they marked my common law declaration (translated) as incomplete, and I don't know what is the issue with it. Does anyone have an idea?
Were you made that document? Who signed it? The translation have 3 sets of docs?
The 1st page declaration of the certified translator
Following pages translated docs
Following pages copy of that original declaration

Does your document show same names and dates you fill in the forms? Where you said you has common in law?

It looks like they got the form you sent via web form then.

Saralynn97

Mar 7, 2018
This is very stressful, idk what to tell you, if it was translated what was the reason? You would have to call them.

frange

May 25, 2018
Sorry for this Bro.
Try to fix it and send it back.

Seems that they took into consideration your submission.
Others can submit documents or explanation if they miss something.

Saralynn97

Mar 7, 2018
I have a question, the anchor form has 4 pages. But the last page has nothing important on it, I only submited the 3 pages, would that be a reason for the return? The 4 page has nothing relevant on it. Let me know please

David5272

Nov 21, 2023
This is very stressful, idk what to tell you, if it was translated what was the reason? You would have to call them.
I don't really know, I tried calling but got a message that I'm not allowed due to the area where I am (I am in Colombia), I checking if my family can call.

David5272

Nov 21, 2023
Were you made that document? Who signed it? The translation have 3 sets of docs?
The 1st page declaration of the certified translator
Following pages translated docs
Following pages copy of that original declaration

Does your document show same names and dates you fill in the forms? Where you said you has common in law?

It looks like they got the form you sent via web form then.
I had this document already translated since some time ago, but for other documents in this application I used other company, I am thinking maybe this was the issue, despite both are official translations.

This was made by a notary in Colombia

Lola93

Star Member
May 18, 2016
I had this document already translated since some time ago, but for other documents in this application I used other company, I am thinking maybe this was the issue, despite both are official translations.

This was made by a notary in Colombia
I am so sorry I hope you can figure out what went wrong. Are you sure they didn't return it because of the missing signature? If it is not the case when did you send the web form?

David5272

Nov 21, 2023
Yes, it was not returned for the missing signature since it was not marked as incomplete, but just in case I replaced the document already so the complete one is in the new application.

I sent the web form on November 22

polo017

Dec 4, 2023
Can I ask what you uploaded as proof of common law? I'm in a common-law relationship too, and I'm worried about my application getting rejected because of that document.