+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fall 2021 Intake - May SDS Applicants - Biometrics/VAC Closed in India

Jun 3, 2020
India
Category........
PNP
Hi,

I have completed my SDS Study Permit application along with SOPW for my wife on May 5th 2021 for a joining date of Sep 1st 2021 at an Ottawa University.

I and my wife both have received BILs on May 6th but with VACs in INDIA closed indefinitely due to the pandemic, this means that our applications are on hold right ? This is what I understood from all the discussions going on.

I put up a enquiry using Webform but the Delhi Immigration team gave back general information.

Is there anyone else in the same boat ? Do you think it is even possible to get the processing done, even under SDS in these few weeks left ?

Any solutions or guidance for people in this situation ?

-CK

Jun 3, 2020
India
Category........
PNP
AFAIK--your application will be processed but you will not receive OPR until you have provided your biometrics.
Thanks - Am hoping for the best, its looks like a bleak situation. IRCC will have a huge backlog of cases if no one is able to to complete biometrics this month. They would have to find a way to clear that caseload.

Mubshira

Apr 28, 2021
Hi,

I have completed my SDS Study Permit application along with SOPW for my wife on May 5th 2021 for a joining date of Sep 1st 2021 at an Ottawa University.

I and my wife both have received BILs on May 6th but with VACs in INDIA closed indefinitely due to the pandemic, this means that our applications are on hold right ? This is what I understood from all the discussions going on.

I put up a enquiry using Webform but the Delhi Immigration team gave back general information.

Is there anyone else in the same boat ? Do you think it is even possible to get the processing done, even under SDS in these few weeks left ?

Any solutions or guidance for people in this situation ?

-CK
Hey,
I am also thinking of filing mine and my husband's SOWP together.Will they hold the file for so long without giving decisions?I have heard that they have given decisions for most Study permit applicants but those who have filed together haven't received any response yet.What is your take on this?Have you known anyone who have applied with their spouse recently and received decision?

Jun 3, 2020
India
Category........
PNP
Hey,
I am also thinking of filing mine and my husband's SOWP together.Will they hold the file for so long without giving decisions?I have heard that they have given decisions for most Study permit applicants but those who have filed together haven't received any response yet.What is your take on this?Have you known anyone who have applied with their spouse recently and received decision?
No, I dont have any information at this stage, but going by what I am reading on the forum, getting the SOWP approval takes time...even if Study permit is approved. This is a very worrying situtation.

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
I am a Fall 2021 intake student and will be applying under SDS soon - I have already given upfront medical last month, biometrics were given last year, what do you think will be the time they'll take to process my application? I will apply in June second week.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Hi, will be applying in 2 weeks. Has anyone who applied recently have their files moving under SDS ?

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
Hi, will be applying in 2 weeks. Has anyone who applied recently have their files moving under SDS ?
Same here. haha. the website says processing time is 20 days for SDS complete applications hope it stays the same way when we apply

Sneha Vyas

May 16, 2016
Hi Guys,

my brother has applied for his Study permit for fall 2021 intake
This is our 3rd study visa application. The first two were rejected.
Application date : 5 May 2021
From India
No updates so far.
I’ve read a lot of threads from April 2021 applicants for fall intake, and most of the applicants who are sharing their timelines got their visa within 17-20 days after application.

Any one else waiting who applied in May, please share your time

thanks!

Raman32

Star Member
Jan 11, 2018
Hi Guys,

my brother has applied for his Study permit for fall 2021 intake
This is our 3rd study visa application. The first two were rejected.
Application date : 5 May 2021
From India
No updates so far.
I’ve read a lot of threads from April 2021 applicants for fall intake, and most of the applicants who are sharing their timelines got their visa within 17-20 days after application.

Any one else waiting who applied in May, please share your time

thanks!
Medical update? Review started?

Sneha Vyas

May 16, 2016
Hi Guys,

just wanted to ask you all a question.
My brother applied for his Study permit visa under SDS category from India on May 5th
Both BVL and medical passed on 14 the May.
review of eligibility started.
does anyoneknow what that means?
Normally, I’ve seen a lot of people talking about their files and if it shows medicals passed first then they receive their BVL it means it’s good news(mostly).
Did anyone have anything similar?

mihir9991

Star Member
Aug 24, 2019
Hi Guys,

just wanted to ask you all a question.
My brother applied for his Study permit visa under SDS category from India on May 5th
Both BVL and medical passed on 14 the May.
review of eligibility started.
does anyoneknow what that means?
Normally, I’ve seen a lot of people talking about their files and if it shows medicals passed first then they receive their BVL it means it’s good news(mostly).
Did anyone have anything similar?
any update ??