+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[FALL 2020 VISA APPLICATION] - Applying for a visa with Conditional letter of acceptance (Western University)

Animesh15

Star Member
Apr 10, 2020
Hello all,
I've got a conditional offer letter for Western University for Fall 20 intake subject to following conditions-

Your admission, however, is conditional pending receipt of the following documents/requirements:

1. You are required to complete your current program.

2. You are required to have the Registrar of each institution you attended send directly to the School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies all official FINAL transcript(s), indicating all degrees awarded (if applicable). Translations do not constitute official transcripts.

3. You are required to have the Registrar of each institution you attended send directly to the School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies all official transcript(s). Translations do not constitute official transcripts. Transcripts that are not in English must be accompanied by an official translation. We recommend that you do this as soon as possible, but transcripts should be received no later than one month before your start date. You will not be registered until the official transcripts are received. Please send transcripts to:

Graduate Admissions
School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies
International and Graduate Affairs Building, Room 1N07
Western University
1151 Richmond Street
London, Ontario Canada N6A 3K7

4. You are required to present your official diploma(s) showing degree(s) awarded to the School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies. Translations do not constitute official diplomas.

5. You must present your original valid Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada Study Permit to the School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies prior to the official start date of the term in which you begin your graduate degree at Western University. The official term start dates are: Fall - September 1, Winter - January 1, Summer - May 1.

My profile is as follows:
GPA 7.55/10 (Till 7th semester)
GRE 323
IELTS 8 (8.5L, 8.5R, 7.5S, 6.5W)

I am currently in the eighth semester of my undergrad studies. If I apply for a visa when I get my transcripts (Late july), It would be very late by then. From this forum, I have observed that many people apply for a visa with a conditional offer letter. Please guide me on how to proceed with the same.

Also what is the difference between a final in an official transcript. I'm guessing that an official transcript means my transcript that includes the result up to seven semester whereas the final transcript would mean the result of all eight semesters combined.

Stringer_Bell_786

Aug 27, 2020
The thing is my LOA states I can apply for study visa with the same LOA.My only concern is the VO rejecting my file because of last semester marksheet.I'll be getting a letter from my current university and also mention about it in the SOP.My condition is I need to submit my final sem marksheet before the start of the program which is January 4.

Inder1313

Dec 30, 2021
Since you have conditional acceptance to Western, you apply for a study permit. If during the process, you receive an unconditional acceptance then raise a webform with the updated LOA.
Dear I have offer letter from fanshawe college London not in this uni. But the condition is getting 50 percent marks in the grade 12. Which is not difficult for me. But they write along with that do not apply for ircc. My final exams are in May and final result will come in July last. But I will get my grade 12 half year final result in next month. Can I apply with that?