+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fall 2019 VISA Delay and Deferral situation

MoikFisher

Mar 18, 2019
Dear Team,

Good day. Let me clarify my situation.
  • Got admit in McMaster for MEng program Fall 2019.
  • Applied for Study Permit. Permit Refused with reason: VO not satisfied with Plan and Progression of studies (Maybe my SOP was not strong enough)

• Got admit in UOttawa MEng program
  • Applied for Permit. Got Medical Request in July. Since then no update. (Since I got medical, I'm hopeful for approval of study permit)

Now following is my problem:
  • UOttawa last date to submit fee is 21st August. (I don't want to submit fee without study permit approval)
  • I mailed UOttawa for deferral since I'm almost certain that my study permit will be late. UOttawa denied deferral.
  • I mailed McMaster for deferral. They have deferred to Winter2020.

Now if I get my permit in September mid, I won't be able to join UOttawa. So I'm almost certain I won't be joining UOttawa.
  • I have already been rejected permit for McMaster owing to "Plan and Progression of studies" concern. Can I use that permit I got for UOttawa for McMaster Winter 2020 program?

Thank you for your guidance

htariq

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Any help guys?
Hey,

Can't give you a definite answer, so I think its best you contact Immigration/International Student Department at both universities and find out.

Also, can't UOttawa refund the tuition in case you pay and don't receive the visa on time?

Reactions: MoikFisher

Enijessy

Star Member
Mar 11, 2019
Hey,

Can't give you a definite answer, so I think its best you contact Immigration/International Student Department at both universities and find out.

Also, can't UOttawa refund the tuition in case you pay and don't receive the visa on time?
I will advise you pay the fees , they will surely have a refund policy I.e in situations where by you were denied visa.

Reactions: MoikFisher