+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

'Fake' reference letter issues

gammal

Jan 31, 2020
Hi all,

I need to submit a reference letter for my roles for a PNP but since I am on notice period my company refuses to provide this letter.
I already have a reference letter from last year. Can I edit that pdf and submit it ?
The information would be correct; so if anyone calls the HR about my roles it would be ok. But of course the date on the letter would be incorrect.
Please advise.
Thanks

Sean Wu

May 26, 2019
Hi all,

I need to submit a reference letter for my roles for a PNP but since I am on notice period my company refuses to provide this letter.
I already have a reference letter from last year. Can I edit that pdf and submit it ?
The information would be correct; so if anyone calls the HR about my roles it would be ok. But of course the date on the letter would be incorrect.
Please advise.
Thanks
It is unacceptable to do this. You should discuss with your company and get the letter.

Reactions: NyashadzaShe

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all,

Please advise.
Thanks
Edited document = fraud.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Explain the situation and submit the reference letter from last year. Try to at least get a letter of attestation for dates you worked for them as well, even if it doesn't include your roles and responsibilities. This way you'll have one letter which has everything but it's dated from last year, and you'll have a letter which confirms the dates until you worked the company.

The company doesn't have the right to refuse you a letter confirming the dates you worked for them, this is a universal legal requirement.

It should be good enough.

Last edited:

Manvi09

Dec 20, 2019
Hi all,

Please advise.
Thanks
Hi, you can get it signed from your colleagues/manager instead and give a note that your company does not issue reference letters.

akeebatra

Star Member
Sep 21, 2020
Hi, you can get it signed from your colleagues/manager instead and give a note that your company does not issue reference letters.
I worked for two employers under same noc and performed same roles/duties. I have letter from 1st employer and now going to get it from 2nd employers. The employers wants me to write the letter and he will sign it. I want to ask can I copy/paste duties from 1st reference letter? considering I have performed exactly same on my 2nd job.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
I worked for two employers under same noc and performed same roles/duties. I have letter from 1st employer and now going to get it from 2nd employers. The employers wants me to write the letter and he will sign it. I want to ask can I copy/paste duties from 1st reference letter? considering I have performed exactly same on my 2nd job.
Why copy/paste? Put some effort and make them differentiable. You can mention specific work that you did for each employer.

akeebatra

Star Member
Sep 21, 2020
Why copy/paste? Put some effort and make them differentiable. You can mention specific work that you did for each employer.
Yes I can do. However, the first letter is generic, I paraphrased duties written on NOC description page. Now you suggest that I write in some specific way for 2nd letter?

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Yes I can do. However, the first letter is generic, I paraphrased duties written on NOC description page. Now you suggest that I write in some specific way for 2nd letter?
Generic letter will not work IMO, you should get a new letter from your first employer.

akeebatra

Star Member
Sep 21, 2020
Generic letter will not work IMO, you should get a new letter from your first employer.
Maybe I am getting it wrong. One of duties is " Perform maintenance while modifying already existing android applications as per as requirements"
Does this seems generic to you?

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Maybe I am getting it wrong. One of duties is " Perform maintenance while modifying already existing android applications as per as requirements"
Does this seems generic to you?
This is fine but you should also mention specific tools you used for modifications/maintenance of the applications.

Reactions: akeebatra

cheery27

Jan 1, 2024
Hi all,

Please advise.
Thanks
Hi , May I know what you did? is there any update?