+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Failure to declare Common -Law

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have contacted a few consultants/reps/lawyers. All advised to wait for further correspondence from CIC.

I am more worried about any misinterpretation blame on me or any affect on my PR. I am settled here, the only thing missing is a child and a house really, well, my wife’s PR too. It will be very hard for me to change my life. Once you live on the other side of the world far away from your home country your connections and family are distant and its not the same anymore also financial burden is great plus the mental stress.

my wife might be able to get pr from some other economic stream if everything else fails, but i hope there are no questions on my PR.

just praying every second at this point.
Think there are very good chances you will get PR. More concerned about your spouse.

vishkapoor

Jul 13, 2020
Hey guys!
Received this correspondence today:

"This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law
Partner in Canada Class.

Please be advised that your application has been transferred to a Immigration, Refugees and
Citizenship Canada office in Vancouver for further assessment. The Immigration, Refugees and
Citizenship Canada office may contact you for an interview or to seek additional information or
clarification. That office will make a final decision on your APR and communicate to you its decision.

Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding your
application, you may contact the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office in writing as
follows:".

So the file has been transferred to the local visa office.

vishkapoor

Jul 13, 2020
Hello All!
My wife got her PR last week. She was contacted by someone from the Vancouver office few weeks ago. Asked a few questions, was very polite and understood our situation.

She got her COPR in mail, no need for interview. Maybe because of COVID? Not sure. Just waiting for PR card now.

Thanks for your guys' support.

Reactions: rrss13 and armoured