+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Failing to put the start and end dates correctly for my addresses on the citizenship application

Elborz

Nov 27, 2011
Dear all,
On my main citizenship application form, I included all the addresses during the eligibility period. However, instead of writing:

From.........To.........
First row: October 2016 - present
Second row: July 2014- October 2016

I wrote:

First row: October 2016- present
Second row: July 2014- September 2016

Do you think this will be considered a gap in the duration? and If so, do you think my application will be returned for this slight gap? and if my application is returned, will my application fee be refunded or not?
I appreciate your kind help.

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Dear all,
On my main citizenship application form, I included all the addresses during the eligibility period. However, instead of writing:

From.........To.........

I wrote:

Do you think this will be considered a gap in the duration? and If so, do you think my application will be returned for this slight gap? and if my application is returned, will my application fee be refunded or not?
It is not likely to cause any issues. They'll most likely assume you were at the place until the last day of September and moved into the other place the first day of October.

Even in cases where they return your application a refund will only happen if you do not resubmit your application, after fixing the issue they have raised (i.e. there is a delay between those things, specifically so that you can re-apply and don't have to make the payment again).

Reactions: Elborz

Elborz

Nov 27, 2011
You mean September 30 and October 1 respectively?

No gaps there.
Exactly, what I did was to first open the box showing the info so as to choose the complete date including the day in the month. so I chose September 30 in one row and put October 1 in the other. That is how I inserted the dates. But looking back in the table of addresses (after shipment), I thought and dreaded this could be regarded as a gap between September 2016 and October 2016!

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Dear all,

From.........To.........

I wrote:

No, it's not a problem. That's how I filled it. Application was accepted without issues. I have my test next week.

Reactions: Elborz

beebop

Mar 4, 2021
Hi Guys,

I was facing the similar problem regarding the dates and wondering if anyone of you - if still active on this forum could guide me.

From April 10 to July 22 I was unemployed.
July 23 to Dec 31 I was employed.

Do I put 2 entries for July? Please advice