+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Failed citizenship test

honey_singh87

Star Member
Dec 28, 2015
Hi, I'm also in same situation. Did you get re-test invitation or you passed already. What is the current status for you. Please share your experience.
If you fail test in first attempt than please send an email to scheduling department ( email mentioned in your test invite PDF applicant got in their email ) . Most probably you will get 2nd test invite within 8-12 weeks or in some cases it is earlier , depends on which office dealing with your file .

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
I'm in same situation. Could you please let me know you got 2nd test interview or you passed 1st time? It would be really helpful if you share your experience.
if you get 14/20 , it's an automatic fail ( you need minimum 15 to clear the test ). You will receive an invite for the 2nd Test ( god knows when ). Even if the status says complete on the tracker it means that you attempted the test but you 'll receive an official email after they have reviewed everything.

Nat007

Aug 25, 2022
My wife has almost a situation like other people in this thread. what she did , wrote an email to IRCC to asked for schedule for new test back in May 2021.she got invite on Oct 14th for online test . she passed yesterday 18/20 . waiting for her update in online portal . i hope this helps . another thing is she has also her status changed to completed after her first attempt even she got failed . i would please prepare for 2nd attempt if you fail in first attempt

Nat007

Aug 25, 2022
would you please let me know what is the email id to send mail to IRCC. I have the similar situation.

dryiceman

Oct 4, 2015
I failed my test. Got only 14/20. But the status on the tracker has been set to completed. Does this mean they passed me?

Citizenship test status has been updated to completed.
Hey, did you ever get an update on your re-test?

birdsson

Aug 6, 2017
Hi everyone!

Just the same thing happened to me I got 14/20 result. What’s happened and how fast to any of you in the same situation?

I hope to hear back any feedback
Thank

Reactions: RMinna

TroubaN.

Jun 10, 2023
Hi, I'm also in same situation. Did you get re-test invitation or you passed already. What is the current status for you. Please share your experience.
Helo,I’m also in same situation.Anyone here already retake the test? How long the wait?thanks
I failed my test. Got only 14/20. But the status on the tracker has been set to completed. Does this mean they passed me?

Citizenship test status has been updated to completed.
hi there,did you retake the test? We have same situations here.thanks

Reactions: RMinna

RMinna

Star Member
Jan 26, 2023
any updates here , did anyone got retest request and are they marked completed for 14/20 and moved futher process.
pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee update

RMinna

Star Member
Jan 26, 2023
Hi everyone!

Just the same thing happened to me I got 14/20 result. What’s happened and how fast to any of you in the same situation?

I hope to hear back any feedback
Thank

what happen to your retest or inteview.How long wil taken to get email for retest or interview

dejected

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Sorry about that. If you didn't get at least 15/20, the test status might go to "Completed" but a re-test is imminent. I vaguely recall seeing at least one such case where the applicant failed the test and the status was set to "Completed" and then a re-test was requested.

If you receive a re-test (which I am almost certain you will), it will be over MS teams with an IRCC official present. The official will show you a PowerPoint slide and you will have to answer the questions orally.

Wish you all the very best for your next attempt.

Good luck!
Emphasis is on “imminent” and “almost certain”.
May I further bolster by adding “impending” and “looming” to it ;)