+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Failed asylum seeker from UK to express entry canada

kartikbhatia

Jan 20, 2017
Hello

I wont take much of your time

i went to UK from Pakistan on student visa in june 2011 my visa was valid until jan 2014.
I applied for asylum in UK while my current visa was valid ,due to uncertain situation backhome
my asylum was refused and further i was given appeal right
during this process my passport expired in july 2015
during this appeal process my all appeals were refused and then i decided to leave UK voluntary and came back to my home country in may 2016

my passport has exit stam when i left pakistan and entry stamp when i entered UK but when i came back to pakistan in may 2016 i was having my expired passport which was given back by home office(UK) AND I got a letter from my pakistani embassy for entry in Pakistan

i have completed my Masters from UK and I was working there legally until april 2016

now i am confused whether this above situation will impact adversely while gaining PR for canada ?

cococly

Aug 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
28-FEB-2017
Nomination.....
07-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
18-JAN-2017
Med's Done....
24-DEC-2016
Passport Req..
06-JUN-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-JUN-2017
LANDED..........
00-JUL-2017
kartikbhatia said:
Hello

I wont take much of your time

i went to UK from Pakistan on student visa in june 2011 my visa was valid until jan 2014.
I applied for asylum in UK while my current visa was valid ,due to uncertain situation backhome
my asylum was refused and further i was given appeal right
during this process my passport expired in july 2015
during this appeal process my all appeals were refused and then i decided to leave UK voluntary and came back to my home country in may 2016

my passport has exit stam when i left pakistan and entry stamp when i entered UK but when i came back to pakistan in may 2016 i was having my expired passport which was given back by home office(UK) AND I got a letter from my pakistani embassy for entry in Pakistan

i have completed my Masters from UK and I was working there legally until april 2016

now i am confused whether this above situation will impact adversely while gaining PR for canada ?
Based on what you have described about your background and situation, you can become eligible for Express Entry.

What were you working as while in the UK?

Most issues with the UK wouldn't affect your application of PR for Canada (criminal activities excluded)

kartikbhatia

Jan 20, 2017
cococly said:
Based on what you have described about your background and situation, you can become eligible for Express Entry.

What were you working as while in the UK?

Most issues with the UK wouldn't affect your application of PR for Canada (criminal activities excluded)

THANK YOU so much for your reply

I was working as finance officer in a company

yes you are right i have also asked few more people and they have said as far as you were not deported and you dont have any criminal record then yes you will not have any problem.

furthermore, one lawyer told me that nothing to worry about its just like visa extention process, you applied for visa and they rejected and then you appeled and while your visa is in progress or appeal is in progress you will be legal in that country as well as your appeals got refused too and then you decided to come back voluntary so yes there is nothing to worry about