+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fail to meet PR obligations & report by CIC officer

yadi

Mar 17, 2013
Hi there, just a quick question seeking for any insight.

If the PR does not meet the 730-rule for any reason, the CIC officer is going to report the case.
Will the CIC officer (say in the Airport Customs) inform the PR immediately that he will report the case to the Government or he just report the case secretly without telling the PR?

Many thanks in Advance

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yadi said:
Hi there, just a quick question seeking for any insight.

If the PR does not meet the 730-rule for any reason, the CIC officer is going to report the case.
Will the CIC officer (say in the Airport Customs) inform the PR immediately that he will report the case to the Government or he just report the case secretly without telling the PR?

Many thanks in Advance
Canada has due process so you will get paperwork at the airport from CBSA at Secondary Inspection....some CBSA agents may try to convince the PR to sign a voluntary relinquishment though so make sure you read what you sign. Why do you expect to be reported?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If they report you, they must tell you about it in order to give you a chance to appeal.

yadi

Mar 17, 2013
;D I just make sure I was not reported by the Customs last time in the airport...I am somehow not meet the 730-rule at that time.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yadi said:
;D I just make sure I was not reported by the Customs last time in the airport...I am somehow not meet the 730-rule at that time.
Somehow? By not staying in Canada enough, that's how :)

If you want to apply to renew your PR card, just make sure you stay long enough so that you have 730 days or more in Canada in the past 5 years before applying, even if you have to let your PR card expire.

yadi

Mar 17, 2013
Leon said:
Somehow? By not staying in Canada enough, that's how :)

If you want to apply to renew your PR card, just make sure you stay long enough so that you have 730 days or more in Canada in the past 5 years before applying, even if you have to let your PR card expire.
Thanks Leon.
I will keep that in mind.

sudy007

Star Member
Sep 17, 2011
Toronto
Category........
FSW
PR renewal: does location matter

I ve heard that some regions with a lot of immigrants, it takes longer for the PR card renewal, as well, as citizenship application. Examples being Brampton and Mississauga regions in the Greater toronto region. Is that true. So if somebody were to apply from a more remote location like thunder bay, north bay or sudbury, would then get their PR renewals or Citizenship applications processed faster ?

tom94063

May 1, 2013
Hi Yadi
I will be in similar situation as you that I won't meet 730 day requirement due to my dental problem.

I landed in Apr 2nd, 2010, stayed for 2 wks then never came back. So my 5-year period will end Apr 2nd, 2015.
I've been away from Canada for 3+ yrs until now. I'll be re-entering Canada some time this month or next (May-June 2013). So I'll be 1-2 months short.. Now I 'm worried that office will not let me in. They won't if they are strict.

So may I know when you said you didn't meet 730 day rule, how many days/months are you short? What kind of question were you asked? In fact I'm interested to know how the officer let you in...

Thanks in advance
(If it is not convenient for you to reply here, pls send me an email)

yadi

Mar 17, 2013
Hi tom94063
I was like 3 months short at that time and my PR card was going to expire 2 years later (Similar to yours).
The officer actually didn't ask me anything at that time since the card will be expired in two years.
In your case, I do not think they will not let you in coz it is too early for them to question or suspicious on your obligations.
Don't worry! Besides, your PR card is still valid now, there is no way for them to reject you from entering Canada