+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Factual Resident on how to file tax

radimaranan08

Mar 27, 2016
My husband and I are permanebt resdent of Canada with a 9 month old Canadian daughter. We are planning to leave the country for about 2 years and will come back after.

My question is, how will I file our income tax and do we need to declare our income worldwide so that the support of child be continuous.

Thanks and appreciate your reply.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It sounds like you're asking about CCTB. If so, you won't qualify for CCTB once you're outside of Canada. You need to let CRA know you're leaving Canada so that they can stop the CCTB payments. If you fail to do that, they'll make your life miserable later.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Not only miserable you will be made to pay back all the child benefit and other tax credits that you have received with interest and can be charged with fraud.

radimaranan08

Mar 27, 2016
It sounds like you're asking about CCTB. If so, you won't qualify for CCTB once you're outside of Canada. You need to let CRA know you're leaving Canada so that they can stop the CCTB payments. If you fail to do that, they'll make your life miserable later.

Thank you for your reply. We'll do the necessary action

radimaranan08

Mar 27, 2016

How bout this link ... can you please help me to understand.

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/international-non-residents/individuals-leaving-entering-canada-non-residents/factual-residents-temporarily-outside-canada.html#nttlmnts

radimaranan08

Mar 27, 2016
How bout this link ... can you please help me to understand.

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/international-non-residents/individuals-leaving-entering-canada-non-residents/factual-residents-temporarily-outside-canada.html#nttlmnts

radimaranan08

Mar 27, 2016