Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
I asked somebody who worked there. Not sure what her role is, but frankly why would one doubt this? I did not expect them to go out and hire new staff just to accommodate the new rules. If you look in the past, the waiting times were much longer than in the last couple of months. Why should they employ more people? I don't believe they care the slightest about how long it takes or not. For people who want to stay here forever, it does not really matter. For those with no intent to stay it might get tricky as they have to fulfill the requirements of their permanent residency while their application is in process. I a not sure whether those permanent residency requirements have changed as well though.
Unless they make the decisions I wouldn't believe that. One thing I've learned in life, is people like to talk. Unless she was the one with budgets, etc. She's just talking. I mean just from the influx of applications the amount of money they are taking in is going to skyrocket, so that alone can pay for salaries. We are all speculating, nothing factual. I'd expect a company or government that knows they will get a huge influx to hire more people, but then again it's government. There is a lot of red tape etc. Only thing we can do is wait and measure data points and extrapolate from that.

Reactions: Joshua1

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Unless they make the decisions I wouldn't believe that. One thing I've learned in life, is people like to talk. Unless she was the one with budgets, etc. She's just talking. I mean just from the influx of applications the amount of money they are taking in is going to skyrocket, so that alone can pay for salaries. We are all speculating, nothing factual. I'd expect a company or government that knows they will get a huge influx to hire more people, but then again it's government. There is a lot of red tape etc. Only thing we can do is wait and measure data points and extrapolate from that.
Another example is those agents that answer phone calls ... just in the last two weeks there have been quite a few incidents that people got different answers for the same question

Reactions: Katayoon

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Another example is those agents that answer phone calls ... just in the last two weeks there have been quite a few incidents that people got different answers for the same question
Lol....this has happened throughout the last year's. Unfortunately nothing new.

Marooned2

Star Member
May 18, 2017
Those people who were stuck and waiting for C6, were more likely be active on this website, so it could maybe explain some ratio of the huge difference of people posting their stats here right after C6 3/4 rule went in effect.

DirectEnergy

Star Member
Dec 2, 2012
Of course, the CIC staff may not have started sorting out post October 11 applications yet, but as of today there's no indication of them slowing down. Last week people were still getting their AORs about 30 days after delivery of their applications.
I think the processing speed trend will be more or less clear when post October 11 people start getting their own AORs.

BTW, I agree with both radically different views on citizenship processing expressed above. 1) Unless you really want to get the hell out of Canada with your new passport, processing time doesn't make much difference. 2) At the same time, for God's sake, we are all PRs who have been checked and scrutinized already. What they need to verify is basically if we really spent at least 3 years in the country and if we had any convictions or pose security risk. How this can possibly take 12 months, I have no clue...

jamie hito

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Japan
The crux of the matter is that it does not matter how long it takes if your intent is to stay in Canada. However if some one is applying for citizenship just to get passport and relocate to some other country then it may be a very painful wait. IRCC requirement of intent to stay in Canada in C24 was then justified. Canada needs skilled worker to stay and deliver to improve the ecomony and not just for citizenship.
Sorry to put the truth clearly. Best of luck
Im laughing about your gullibility. “Canada needs skilled worker to bolster the economy”, is quite amusing.

What canada needs is, it should make IRCC requirements for college degree at par what professional organizations inside the country require before issuing a license to practice or work. Meaning, the 4 years studied for a bachelors degree in your native soil should be added with the curriculum in canadian universities. This way, when you arrive as an IT, all you need is apply.

And if your education is not the same as those who graduates here, you cannot be given a permanent residency.

That will result in the decline of new immigrants, wherein the real purpose of immigration in canada is to add in workers and not professionals.

So your blind assumption of the need of skilled workers are unfathomed.

Less immigrants who cannot practice their profession, less immigrants to aspire in getting the passport to relocate elsewhere. Problem solve on your hateful truth about the cause of people wanting to hasten the application process.

Last edited:

Marooned2

Star Member
May 18, 2017
Guys this thread is about "Processing Times" do not derail it with off-topic discussion. Use other related topics or create your own thread for off-topic discussions.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Guys this thread is about "Processing Times" do not derail it with off-topic discussion. Use other related topics or create your own thread for off-topic discussions.
Haha, doesn’t matter, some people just can’t help telling their so-called “truth” that has nothing to do with the topic

2_of_5

Aug 16, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2012
LANDED..........
27-06-2013
My application was received on October 5, and there were only two days after that to apply under 4/6. Now with two legal standards in place simultaneously, I have a hunch that IRCC will try to "mop up" the last of the 4/6 applications quickly before they start earnestly diving into the 3/5 apps. Just my two cents.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
My application was received on October 5, and there were only two days after that to apply under 4/6. Now with two legal standards in place simultaneously, I have a hunch that IRCC will try to "mop up" the last of the 4/6 applications quickly before they start earnestly diving into the 3/5 apps. Just my two cents.
If IRCC works By people's hunch, the whole process shouldn’t take any longer than 2 months. Even the tax filing process is more complicated yet takes shorter time

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
I tend to agree with your hunch. A friend of mine applied at the same office as I did and her application plus her son’s went through in about 2 months faster than mine. She also has an extensive travel history. It makes sense that they try and finish the applications from the old rule first.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
I tend to agree with your hunch. A friend of mine applied at the same office as I did and her application plus her son’s went through in about 2 months faster than mine. She also has an extensive travel history. It makes sense that they try and finish the applications from the old rule first.
The only thing different would just be the initial stage of AOR/IP when completeness of application materials and reidence/language proof are being checked , after that all the following work is basically the same, not sure how much difference would it make to finish off the old rule first

samber

Star Member
Sep 29, 2017
Isn’t This thread supposed be about facts and speculations ? Why there are always some self-righteous people hijacking it to make it about their judgments about others that they know nothing about, but feel perfectly comfortable making all kinds of assumptions ?
Dear Sir
I am sorry if you are offended. Reference to the data of IRCC many people leave canada after getting citizenship and this matter has arisen in parliament during the Harper times, This is neither the judgment nor assumption..

samber

Star Member
Sep 29, 2017
Does it matter how long it takes if you want to pursue certain career path that requires citizenship?
Does it matter how long it takes if you want to participate in the election so you can do your part and vote out the bad guys and vote for the ones that represent you better ?
What makes you think what you said is the truth? That’s just ridiculous
Sir
You are right about citizenship requirement to contest election. I am amused if our friends are to be elected in parliament after landing in canada just four years back. Logically what do you think was the cause to include clause of "INTENT TO LIVE" in C24

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Sir
You are right about citizenship requirement to contest election. I am amused if our friends are to be elected in parliament after landing in canada just four years back. Logically what do you think was the cause to include clause of "INTENT TO LIVE" in C24
You probably don’t know the difference between voting and being voted .... so the discussion probably better ends here