Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
I had coffee with my buddy in Service Canada who confirmed LMO Denials are going up and being slowed down,For example while they used to deny 1 out of every 3 Caregiver Applications from the Philippines,They deny 2 out of 3 now.The only thing remaining the same are Immigration levels because Canada no longer needs so many temporary workers,But they want Immigrants,So I have had 2 cases so far of people DENIED Temporary working visas but Approved as Immigrants to Canada.This was explained to me by my buddy in CIC,Temporary Foriegn Workers send their money overseas,They dont buy homes or Cars or develop ties to Canada,Immigrants keep their money in Canada,spend on their Families in Canada,Buy Homes and Cars in Canada.So who do you think Canada would Prefer?Immigrants over temporary workers anyday

alturan00

Mar 27, 2009
Hi BC Guy,

Is there any chances that my application for LMO get a positive result?
My employer applied last Oct 2008 but until now there is no result, just
the service of Canada sent mail to my employer that the application
still processing... I'm applying TWP as food attendant.

Thanks!

-Adrian

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
alturan00 said:
Hi BC Guy,

Is there any chances that my application for LMO get a positive result?
My employer applied last Oct 2008 but until now there is no result, just
the service of Canada sent mail to my employer that the application
still processing... I'm applying TWP as food attendant.

Thanks!

-Adrian
It will be twice as hard as before based on stories

doinks

Apr 7, 2009
LMO for foreign worker already working in canada

Meaning it's much longer because they changed it and make a new one? How can it be denied? what are the reasons? Are they going to inform the employer if it's denied or the employer should be the one who will follow up about my application? yup, after my 9th month here I will apply for BC PNP and I think my employer will help me fix it because most of her employees are foreign workers.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
In your case ELMO about 5-10 days in theory LMO much longer,But it could also be denied,have you considered BC PNP if your employer is willing

perz777

Jun 17, 2009
Hi Guys,

Recently i heard that if you got hold of a positive LMO, submit it at CPC Vegreville, and you can start working. How true is this and could someone send me a copy of this memorandum if so. Thanks

solowista_07

Sep 28, 2008
BCguy said:
I had coffee with my buddy in Service Canada who confirmed LMO Denials are going up and being slowed down,For example while they used to deny 1 out of every 3 Caregiver Applications from the Philippines,They deny 2 out of 3 now.The only thing remaining the same are Immigration levels because Canada no longer needs so many temporary workers,But they want Immigrants,So I have had 2 cases so far of people DENIED Temporary working visas but Approved as Immigrants to Canada.This was explained to me by my buddy in CIC,Temporary Foriegn Workers send their money overseas,They dont buy homes or Cars or develop ties to Canada,Immigrants keep their money in Canada,spend on their Families in Canada,Buy Homes and Cars in Canada.So who do you think Canada would Prefer?Immigrants over temporary workers anyday
Good day BCguy!

I already have my ELMO and I already applied for temporary working visa permit here in UAE (Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi), when i applied they said that I just need to wait 6 months and after 6 months past I send them an email regarding the status of my visa application they just said that its no longer 6 months process but instead it will be 9 months. Am just wondering if this is also affecting the visa application. My ELMO will be expiring this coming sept. I really hope that i could get my visa. I applied last nov 9, 2008 and it will be 9 months on aug. My employer is asking for the status of my visa already and I explain to them what the embassy said to me in the email. Do you think if I gave my application number to my employer could they follow up my status and make my application faster ?

I will be working in a hotel in Calgary as a guest service officer.

I hope you could give me some advices.

Thanks BCguy!

saver

Jun 17, 2009
Bc guy
I heard so many things about you and i want to consult some problems, is this the proper blog site where i can always ask question on some matters.

rich_m0nd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2009
BC GUY,

Is it possible to apply when you have two LMO's and be working at the same time? I'm already working for an employer and they're willing to give me LMO. i have an open work permit but i wanna change it to LMO work permit so i can apply for PNP. i wanna withdraw my refugee claims. can you apply for work permit inside canada. i'm in vancouver.