+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Facilitated LMIA / Temporary work permit - Quebec - Need advise please what to do next

Gevinci

Aug 27, 2018
Hello everyone,

I have found an employer that filled out the LMIA/ QAS (Québec Acceptance Certificate) documents and has payed the processing fee. The occupation for the job is on the list of occupations eligible for facilitated LMIA, meaning minimum advertising requirements.

Q1) I have contacted Immigration Quebec and they tell me it can take up to 4 months to get it approved, is this realistic of just the maximum? Will it take less time since my occupation is on the facilitated list?
Q2) Currently I am in Canada on a ETA but I would like to go back home for a couple of weeks in December waiting for my LMIA. Can I come back to Canada as a visitor and wait for my LMIA while in Canada?
Q3) If i can stay in Canada as a visitor waiting for my LMIA, once I get a positive LMIA, do I need to go back home to apply for a work permit from there? (The Netherlands)
Q4) Can I apply for a work permit at the POE of canada and USA when I have received my positive LMIA?
Q5) Do I need to take a medical exam? I found that I do not need this but I am just asking in case I am wrong.
Q6) Do I need to give my Biometrics? And if so do I need to go back to The Netherlands for that?
Q7) If I receive my positive LMIA and QAS and go back to the Netherlands and then return to Canada, can I apply for my work permit at the border and enter the country while waiting for it to be approved?

Alot of questions but all help would be greatly appreciated. I am currently in Canada and stressing about my situation.

Best regards,

Gevinci

Sanjar718

Apr 4, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-08-2021
Hello everyone,

I have found an employer that filled out the LMIA/ QAS (Québec Acceptance Certificate) documents and has payed the processing fee. The occupation for the job is on the list of occupations eligible for facilitated LMIA, meaning minimum advertising requirements.

Q1) I have contacted Immigration Quebec and they tell me it can take up to 4 months to get it approved, is this realistic of just the maximum? Will it take less time since my occupation is on the facilitated list?
Q2) Currently I am in Canada on a ETA but I would like to go back home for a couple of weeks in December waiting for my LMIA. Can I come back to Canada as a visitor and wait for my LMIA while in Canada?
Q3) If i can stay in Canada as a visitor waiting for my LMIA, once I get a positive LMIA, do I need to go back home to apply for a work permit from there? (The Netherlands)
Q4) Can I apply for a work permit at the POE of canada and USA when I have received my positive LMIA?
Q5) Do I need to take a medical exam? I found that I do not need this but I am just asking in case I am wrong.
Q6) Do I need to give my Biometrics? And if so do I need to go back to The Netherlands for that?
Q7) If I receive my positive LMIA and QAS and go back to the Netherlands and then return to Canada, can I apply for my work permit at the border and enter the country while waiting for it to be approved?

Alot of questions but all help would be greatly appreciated. I am currently in Canada and stressing about my situation.

Best regards,

Gevinci
Hello, please share us your timeline. thanks