+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

eye color mistake by applicant: HELP!!

kaurjuhi

Jul 26, 2018
Hello everyone !!

I am an Asian and I mentioned my eye color as "Black " in PR application and the same is written in my COPR. But recently I came to know that black eye color is actually very rare and such people have actually darker shades of brown. Looking closely, I realized my eye color is dark brown too.

I still have over a month before I leave for Canada....

1. Should I raise a CSE with CIC now OR ....land with this COPR only, notify the officer at port of entry and request him to correct it ? ( Though I doubt both approaches since it is clearly a mistake on my part and don't know if CIC would correct it at this point )

2. If the officer at port of entry doesn't correct it, should I apply for amendment of COPR after landing ? (I have heard amendment procedure takes 5-6 months ....and correction of mistakes made by applicants is completely at officer's discretion) ....Secondly, will they withhold my PR card processing in that case until my COPR is amended or print one with black eye color only?

OR,

3. Should I leave it as such .. if I do so ....can I run into any trouble in future for not having actual eye color on PR card ...at airports while travelling to other countries ...or returning to Canada from international trips ....or while applying for PR card renewal or citizenship application ?

4. Also, if I keep it as such.... what should I write in future...like in my driving license papers , PR card renewal application and citizenship application etc...stick with BLACK only to maintain consistency of documents or go for actual color of eyes which is brown ??

SENIOR MEMBERS.... Please help !!......... your opinions will be much appreciated !! As you can see by the length of this post, I am really worried at this point !! I am feeling kinda lost right now...

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello everyone !!

I am an Asian and I mentioned my eye color as "Black " in PR application and the same is written in my COPR. But recently I came to know that black eye color is actually very rare and such people have actually darker shades of brown. Looking closely, I realized my eye color is dark brown too.

I still have over a month before I leave for Canada....

1. Should I raise a CSE with CIC now OR ....land with this COPR only, notify the officer at port of entry and request him to correct it ? ( Though I doubt both approaches since it is clearly a mistake on my part and don't know if CIC would correct it at this point )

2. If the officer at port of entry doesn't correct it, should I apply for amendment of COPR after landing ? (I have heard amendment procedure takes 5-6 months ....and correction of mistakes made by applicants is completely at officer's discretion) ....Secondly, will they withhold my PR card processing in that case until my COPR is amended or print one with black eye color only?

OR,

3. Should I leave it as such .. if I do so ....can I run into any trouble in future for not having actual eye color on PR card ...at airports while travelling to other countries ...or returning to Canada from international trips ....or while applying for PR card renewal or citizenship application ?

4. Also, if I keep it as such.... what should I write in future...like in my driving license papers , PR card renewal application and citizenship application etc...stick with BLACK only to maintain consistency of documents or go for actual color of eyes which is brown ??

SENIOR MEMBERS.... Please help !!......... your opinions will be much appreciated !! As you can see by the length of this post, I am really worried at this point !! I am feeling kinda lost right now...
1. Neither IRCC or CBSA really cares whether you eyes are black or brown, it probably can be changed when you "land"
2. By the way, when was the last time a customs/immigration officer peered deeply into your eyes?

Reactions: kaurjuhi

kaurjuhi

Jul 26, 2018
Hi

1. Neither IRCC or CBSA really cares whether you eyes are black or brown, it probably can be changed when you "land"
2. By the way, when was the last time a customs/immigration officer peered deeply into your eyes?
Thanks a ton for the reply !!
Actually this would be my first international trip :)...so no idea what customs officers do..that is also a big reason why i m so nervous about this.....

In ur suggestion, I should not raise a CSE now ? Also should I notify the immigration officer at airport and ask him / her to correct or just keep quiet and carry on with black eyes??

Lastly, what would you suggest I write for driving license and pr card renewal etc... " black " to keep my record straight ( as IT would be in my COPR and PR card ) or change it to " brown " (actual color ) ?
Thanks in advance !!:)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks a ton for the reply !!
Actually this would be my first international trip :)...so no idea what customs officers do..that is also a big reason why i m so nervous about this.....

In ur suggestion, I should not raise a CSE now ? Also should I notify the immigration officer at airport and ask him / her to correct or just keep quiet and carry on with black eyes??

Lastly, what would you suggest I write for driving license and pr card renewal etc... " black " to keep my record straight ( as IT would be in my COPR and PR card ) or change it to " brown " (actual color ) ?
Thanks in advance !!:)
You are seriously worrying about nothing. IRCC and CBSA don't care if it says black or brown.

Reactions: kaurjuhi

kaurjuhi

Jul 26, 2018
You are seriously worrying about nothing. IRCC and CBSA don't care if it says black or brown.
THANKS A LOT !! :) I am at much more ease now....
Although, plz suggest what to write in Driving license...i ll be giving an exam right away...black or brown?:rolleyes:

Re-searcher

Jun 7, 2022
THANKS A LOT !! :) I am at much more ease now....
Although, plz suggest what to write in Driving license...i ll be giving an exam right away...black or brown?:rolleyes:
Hi,
I am in the same boat. May I know will that be an issue in the future, if I continue with black color?