+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extremely worried

John Lock

Star Member
Jul 12, 2016
Hello guys,

I have a full scholarship from University of Saskatchewan and I applied for study permit on 7th April and appeared for Medical on 25th june.I was asked by CIC to submit additional documents on 5th july.I submitted those documents on 19th July.I have not heard anything from CIC after submitting those documents.
I have another option to go for same degree in Hungary with scholarship.It takes about 20 days for the hungarian visa.However, God forbid,if I got rejected for canadian permit after like 10 days then I won't have that second option of studying in hungary because I will not be able to get hungarian visa on time.Therefore,I need to take a decision now.Please help me out. :)

Thanks,
John

studentpermit

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
John Lock said:
Hello guys,

I have a full scholarship from University of Saskatchewan and I applied for study permit on 7th April and appeared for Medical on 25th june.I was asked by CIC to submit additional documents on 5th july.I submitted those documents on 19th July.I have not heard anything from CIC after submitting those documents.
I have another option to go for same degree in Hungary with scholarship.It takes about 20 days for the hungarian visa.However, God forbid,if I got rejected for canadian permit after like 10 days then I won't have that second option of studying in hungary because I will not be able to get hungarian visa on time.Therefore,I need to take a decision now.Please help me out. :)

Thanks,
John
Hello John,

Why do not you apply for the Hungarian Visa from now... You said it takes only 20 days. Keep it in the pocket... Whenever you get the Canadian one, they will give you sometimes to submit your passport and stamp the visa on it. Do you think it is feasible? It is just a suggestion.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Whats the cutoff date from each university to complete the application ? You didnt do yourself any favor by for whatever reason waiting 14 days to send the additional documentation and for sure having sent on the 19 th its only been 4 days now.

John Lock

Star Member
Jul 12, 2016
Thanks ppl for replies.It means a lot to me.I have to reach saskatchewan by 30th August and Hungary by 22nd August.Hungarian Consulate take minimum of 20 days but it can take more depending upon the application.I tried to apply for hungarian visa and even sent them my application without passport and I told them that I will provide my passport with in few days as I was expecting that canadian will update me soon.However,they sent it back to me with a note that application without passport are not accepted.Now,the dilemma is if I apply for Hungary and they take more than 20 days then even if I get Canadian visa,I won't be able to avail it

Badi

Jun 13, 2011
Just dont waste time apply for hungary and wait for both you might one you might get two and then you choose.

Good luck.

Asking you for medicals is a good sign however what you have to do is just wait. Its been 4 days since you provided the extra document (1 days is a weekend).

studentpermit

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
John Lock said:
Thanks ppl for replies.It means a lot to me.I have to reach saskatchewan by 30th August and Hungary by 22nd August.Hungarian Consulate take minimum of 20 days but it can take more depending upon the application.I tried to apply for hungarian visa and even sent them my application without passport and I told them that I will provide my passport with in few days as I was expecting that canadian will update me soon.However,they sent it back to me with a note that application without passport are not accepted.Now,the dilemma is if I apply for Hungary and they take more than 20 days then even if I get Canadian visa,I won't be able to avail it
As I said... Apply for the Hangarian along with the passport. If you hear back from the Canadian, they will give you time to present your passport. It does not have to be on the spot!

samakawg

Jun 5, 2016
Doha
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/04/2016
Med's Request
06/06/2016
Med's Done....
11/06/2016
Passport Req..
19/07/2016
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2016
May I know what are the additional documents they asked please?

enywmara

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
25-05-2022
AOR Received.
07-07-2022
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-12-2021
Interview........
Not needed
Why don't you email them (canada) through the webmail form for case specific query.

First find out if you have passed the time window for the visa processing times, you can check that on the CIC website too.
Even if you are within the time frame, you can still ask them. From where I see it, its more important for you to get to study than go to Canada. So I think that is a better option. In the meantime you can start applying for Hungary if you want. The other members here have given you some solid advice in my opinion.

You know, If you keep on waiting, you will never get anywhere!

John Lock

Star Member
Jul 12, 2016
Many thanks enywmara for the kind suggestion.I really appreciate it.I think my application have exceeded processing time.I applied on 7th April and processing time for my country is 14 weeks.However,I also took 2 weeks in submitting some documents.Therefore,i am not sure whether I have passed the time window or not.

Yeah studies are important but my first preference is Canada.

My application for Hungary is fully ready but If I send my passport there then I will get it back by 25 August to say the least.In the mean time if CIC asked me to submit passport I will just have 5 days for it from 25 to 30 as my University told me to reach by 30.So it is really complicated.

enywmara

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
25-05-2022
AOR Received.
07-07-2022
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-12-2021
Interview........
Not needed
John Lock said:
Many thanks enywmara for the kind suggestion.I really appreciate it.I think my application have exceeded processing time.I applied on 7th April and processing time for my country is 14 weeks.However,I also took 2 weeks in submitting some documents.Therefore,i am not sure whether I have passed the time window or not.

Yeah studies are important but my first preference is Canada.

My application for Hungary is fully ready but If I send my passport there then I will get it back by 25 August to say the least.In the mean time if CIC asked me to submit passport I will just have 5 days for it from 25 to 30 as my University told me to reach by 30.So it is really complicated.
They count the processing time from when you submit your original application. It doesn't matter if it took you 2 weeks or 2 months to submit the required documents. You have the right to know where your application is now. Also as far as I understand, I don't think the University will set a deadline for you in Canada. You can nicely ask your university for a time extension. Ask for it around the 20th of 22nd of August.

The reason I am suggesting you this is because, the University also wants you to start. They are giving you a full scholarship because they think that your research potential is good enough for them to benefit from it. In the last minute they cannot ask another candidate to accept the offer either. Chances are they will give a week or two of extension. When you email them that the reason of this delay is their own country's visa office, they are bound to understand. I know a lot of Canadians and the only thing good they say about their country is that the country and its people are fair. So there you go!

enywmara

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
25-05-2022
AOR Received.
07-07-2022
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-12-2021
Interview........
Not needed
lol... that is a very difficult question.

I used the web form and submitted a very simple query. on the 6th of July. Got a really vague reply on the 20th of July. In your case however, your query is legit and must be replied precisely, so I presume same 14 days rule but maybe a better answer.

John Lock

Star Member
Jul 12, 2016
Thank you very much all of you for helping me with your valuable advices.. I sent my application to Hungarian Embassy and i am done with interview at Hungarian Embassy. After interview I requested them to withdraw my Passport temporarily, while my application is being processed at their embassy, as I have some other travel plans. They returned me but they have put a stamp which says applied for Hungary Visa. Please recommend me whether I should send this page of my passport to Canadian or not?