+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extremely confusing chain of events OINP

demonpreet

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hi!

In March, I created my profile in OINP and submitted my application for Master's Grauation Stream. I also paid for it.

I january, I also created my IRCC profile to apply for PR.

Now in September, I got an Message from IRCC that I must visit the website of Ontario, after receiving this notification of Interest.

Now when I go to OINP website, there is nothing new there. I am confused what to do with this NOI.

Can someone please help?

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hi!

In March, I created my profile in OINP and submitted my application for Master's Grauation Stream. I also paid for it.

I january, I also created my IRCC profile to apply for PR.

Now in September, I got an Message from IRCC that I must visit the website of Ontario, after receiving this notification of Interest.

Now when I go to OINP website, there is nothing new there. I am confused what to do with this NOI.

Can someone please help?
Hi,

The OINP Master's Graduate program is a non-express entry specific stream.

However, if you have received an OINP invite in your Express Entry profile in the recent draw then that is completely a different stream. As it's only for HCP candidates (with an active express entry profile). You don't have to proceed with it as you already hold the nomination from OINP for another stream.

demonpreet

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
But that's the thing. I cannot see the invite anywhere. I guess I should get an option to see the invite in the OINP Portal.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
But that's the thing. I cannot see the invite anywhere. I guess I should get an option to see the invite in the OINP Portal.
For Express Entry specific invites you get the invites in an active Express Entry profile., thereafter you apply in OINP portal.

While for non-express entry programs you're already in the OINP pool and get the invites in your EOI.

demonpreet

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
I see. And one more question.
For how long is the OINP invite(the one for my Masters Degree) valid. I am not sure whether I accepted it or not. It's still there, but I can't see any accept/submit button.
So either I accepted it or It has expired.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
I see. And one more question.
For how long is the OINP invite(the one for my Masters Degree) valid. I am not sure whether I accepted it or not. It's still there, but I can't see any accept/submit button.
So either I accepted it or It has expired.
it's 14 days for Master's program and
45 days for Express entry program.

FNOTT

Aug 9, 2022
Hi Good Folks,
I have received OINP Nomination (Masters Graduate Stream- Non Express Entry program) recently. I have a dilemma, do I need to show settlement fund while applying for PR in online portal? I am currently working in NOC A job in Ontario. I didn’t find anything fund related accurate answer for non express entry pnp programs.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hi Good Folks,
I have received OINP Nomination (Masters Graduate Stream- Non Express Entry program) recently. I have a dilemma, do I need to show settlement fund while applying for PR in online portal? I am currently working in NOC A job in Ontario. I didn’t find anything fund related accurate answer for non express entry pnp programs.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Your statement is quite confusing.

You said, you have got nomination already! Nomination you get when your PNP application is approved.

Do you mean, you got the OINP invitation to apply for nomination ??

FNOTT

Aug 9, 2022

You said, you have got nomination already! Nomination you get when your PNP application is approved.

Hi Bro,
My pnp application is approved and I got the nomination from Ontario yesterday, now I need to apply for PR application. As masters graduate stream is non express entry program, do I need to show fund in my PR application or job letter will work as I am already in Ontario and working full time.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hi Bro,
My pnp application is approved and I got the nomination from Ontario yesterday, now I need to apply for PR application. As masters graduate stream is non express entry program, do I need to show fund in my PR application or job letter will work as I am already in Ontario and working full time.
If you're already working in Canada, then funds requirement is not mandatory for you. Job offer would suffice !

Reactions: FNOTT

FNOTT

Aug 9, 2022

Hi Bro,
My pnp application is approved and I got the nomination from Ontario
If you're already working in Canada, then funds requirement is not mandatory for you. Job offer would suffice !
thank you for letting me know that, did you find this info in cic website? It’d be greatly appreciated if you can share the link?

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hi Bro,
My pnp application is approved and I got the nomination from Ontario

thank you for letting me know that, did you find this info in cic website? It’d be greatly appreciated if you can share the link?
Who does not need proof of funds

You don’t need to show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family if

• you’re applying under the Canadian Experience Class or
  • you’re authorized to work in Canada and you have a valid job offer, even if you apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Program or the Federal Skilled Trades Program

Keep your funds up to date in your profile. The system may find that you’re eligible for more than 1 program. You don’t always know ahead of time which program you’ll be invited under.

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

Reactions: FNOTT

FNOTT

Aug 9, 2022
Who does not need proof of funds

You don’t need to show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family if

• you’re applying under the Canadian Experience Class or
  • you’re authorized to work in Canada and you have a valid job offer, even if you apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Program or the Federal Skilled Trades Program

Keep your funds up to date in your profile. The system may find that you’re eligible for more than 1 program. You don’t always know ahead of time which program you’ll be invited under.

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html
Thanks gor sharing the link bro, my job offer is for full time job offer in NOC A category job, I didn’t not need LMIA as I have PGWP, seems like your job offer needs LMIA?