+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extra time to reply CHC Islamabad Letter for Spousal Sponsorship?

MAQ84

Sep 2, 2012
My wife has applied for my permanent resident visa under Spousal Sponsor Category in Oct'11 and in Jan'12 received an acknowledgement letter of application from Mississauga Office. Last week I have received an acknowledgement letter from CHC Islamabad in which they have asked me to fill out the residency questionnaire along with some other questions/ information which should be replied back to them within 30 days from the date of the letter. My wife is currently in Pakistan to visit me and will fly back to Canada on Oct 7, 2012. We contacted the consultant regarding the above-mentioned letter and queries that have been asked by CHC Islamabad and my consultant suggested that we should reply once my wife returns back to Canada and the consultant will get us more time from CHC Islamabad to reply to the letter. Is it possible to get extra time to reply to the letter?

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MAQ84 said:
My wife has applied for my permanent resident visa under Spousal Sponsor Category in Oct'11 and in Jan'12 received an acknowledgement letter of application from Mississauga Office. Last week I have received an acknowledgement letter from CHC Islamabad in which they have asked me to fill out the residency questionnaire along with some other questions/ information which should be replied back to them within 30 days from the date of the letter. My wife is currently in Pakistan to visit me and will fly back to Canada on Oct 7, 2012. We contacted the consultant regarding the above-mentioned letter and queries that have been asked by CHC Islamabad and my consultant suggested that we should reply once my wife returns back to Canada and the consultant will get us more time from CHC Islamabad to reply to the letter. Is it possible to get extra time to reply to the letter?
Yes. But why would you need it?

MAQ84

Sep 2, 2012
rjessome said:
Yes. But why would you need it?
Because the residency questionnaire is about my wife (sponsor) and currently she is in Pakistan with me for the last 8 months that is why our consultant told us to reply back to CHC Islamabad once she returns back to Canada in order to attach her ticket alongwith the boarding pass.

Do you know the procedure for getting an extra time from CHC Islamabad and do they acknowledge it by giving the next date?

Thanx for ur valuable reply

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MAQ84 said:
Because the residency questionnaire is about my wife (sponsor) and currently she is in Pakistan with me for the last 8 months that is why our consultant told us to reply back to CHC Islamabad once she returns back to Canada in order to attach her ticket alongwith the boarding pass.

Do you know the procedure for getting an extra time from CHC Islamabad and do they acknowledge it by giving the next date?

Thanx for ur valuable reply
It's discretionary. The lawyer/consultant requests additional time by way of letter (faxed, emailed, couriered) to CHC. They have to provide reasons for the need for extra time. There is no set format for their reply. I've never requested additional time from Islamabad but for other embassies, I've received an email response.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Is your wife a citizen or PR?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
rjessome said:
That's why the consultant wants her back in Canada before he/she responds. 8 months is not a visit. It's living.
Agreed. She should return home sooner if at all possible. She has stayed out of Canada far too long and the application is in jeopardy of being refused.