+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extra points Aawarded earlier than supposed to

duuuude

Mar 10, 2016
Hey guys,

There is some glitch in Express Entry and I was awarded points for 1 year of Canadian experience 1 month earlier than supposed to. So technically at the time of invitation for CEC I didn't have 1 year of experience although the system counted as if I do.

Do you know if immigration officers assess the point at the time of invitation or at submission? Did anyone face with the same issue?

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please give some insight, when did you receive your ITA , when is your 2 years going to complete and all.

duuuude

Mar 10, 2016
Received ITA for CEC on January 11th because they awarded me points for 1 year of Canadian experience at the beginning of January instead of the beginning of February.

So technically I had to become eligible for CEC only in February but because they awarded me points before I got 12m of experience, I got invited earlier. Wondering if I can use this invite to apply right at the beginning of February when I'll actually have 12m of experience or should reject ITA and wait for a new one in February.

PS: 521 CSR

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
duuuude said:
Received ITA for CEC on January 11th because they awarded me points for 1 year of Canadian experience at the beginning of January instead of the beginning of February.

So technically I had to become eligible for CEC only in February but because they awarded me points before I got 12m of experience, I got invited earlier. Wondering if I can use this invite to apply right at the beginning of February when I'll actually have 12m of experience or should reject ITA and wait for a new one in February.

PS: 521 CSR
Based on this " http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp " you should be good ,

Accordingly, officers should refuse an application under section A11.2 if it is determined that

at the time of the ITA or e-APR, the applicant did not or does not meet the MEC, which includes the requirements of the program to which they were invited to apply; or
the applicant’s recalculated CRS score has fallen below that of the lowest-ranked candidate invited to apply in that round of invitations.

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
now there are two ways of seeing it, you could accept and proceed with your application considering this " or e-APR " or you could decline it based on this at the time of the ITA

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
duuuude said:
Do you know if immigration officers assess the point at the time of invitation or at submission? Did anyone face with the same issue?
They assess at the time of the ITA (as well as at the time of submission). LOTs of people have faced this issue, because the online system only asks for month/year, but full dates are used in assessing eligibility. And lots of people unfortunately have been refused because they were "tricked" into applying too soon.

Specterz

Apr 2, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
Jan 06, 2017
Med's Done....
Mar 07, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 14, 2017
Quick question, how much work permit do you have left in Canada?

The reason being, if you have plenty of time left on your work permit, then you can decline the ITA(s) until the start of February. This is just, if you want to play it safe.

Now, on the other side, you can continue your application with present ITA, and submit your application (e-APR) in February, more precisely after completing complete 12 months. (For e.g Submit on 20th Feb, if you started working one year earlier on Feb 15th). Along with this, I would suggest to add a Letter of explanation, which would show, how you have achieved CRS 521 score, including how you gained 12 months of Canadian experience. This way, you make CIC Officer job bit easy.

Choice is yours!

Regards,
Specterz

duuuude

Mar 10, 2016
Thank you everyone, looks like will have to wait for ITA in Feb. Permit is valid for 1m so it's kinda risky but looks like have to take the risk.